PDA

View Full Version : Chilled, Mage PvP

Vandalist
03-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Okay, although you can for the next few days at least see this movie on the front page, some of the comments posted in the video were making me wonder.

VIDEO LINK: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=36771

Anyways, please post comments on how I can improve for my next video, or just any comments on how I did. I spent many weeks working on this video as I got footage, trying to make it worth of recommended material, which I failed at yet again.

I realized that for some reason quality was an issue again, but I'm not sure why, I had sony vegas produce it on the highest settings I could fathom, and it added almost 90MB to the file size, and the quality barley improved. I'm not sure why but it took so long to produce I didn't have the time to re-produce it again under different settings (2 days at work it took, the first time it failed, ouch lol). So its up as is, I'm very happy with it but still am always open to suggestions / improvements, my goal is to get a pvp video recommended and never fall below a 4.00 rating.... so any suggestions are appreciated thanks!

Hentai
03-07-2007, 08:15 AM
already downloading :P

godliest
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Downloading the movie now and looking forward to watching it.

godliest
03-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Ah well. After watching the movie here is my comment:

Hmm. The content, 4. Good fights against 1-3 opponents, but sometimes you showed great skill and sometimes I wondered if u loaned ur friends mage.

Creativity, 2. I rate it after how u play in the movie. You play nearly every fight exactly the same way, and the ice lance spam is a bit annoying.

Editing, 4. Good editing in the start, but it was nearly no editing in the middle. The part before the bonus clip looked really good and highed the score up. More editing next time plx.

A/V Qual., 4. The average quality was pretty good. I would like to see the movie in higher resulotion, but well...

So to next time: Less Ice Lance spam, try to stay at the same "skill level" in all the clips (or cut away the bad ones, they aren't fun to watch). More editing. And higher quality if u can.

In WCM it all came in one huge piece of text making it a hell to read. Anyways, looking forward to ur next movie.

Vandalist
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, one part I kind of noticed is nobody gives a crap about the movie unless its got top-quality editing... So I guess I'll have to spend the extra 3 weeks and do the extra editing..... as far as the quality issue, i still don't know what to do... I've set every possible setting on my entire computer to the highest quality, computer settings, fraps settings, sony vegas settings... teh final product always comes out crap.... sigh....

oh well i guess im just not up to par when it comes to video making...

the only thing people watch these days is pvp videos, and nobody likes my play style even though its practically flawless in my opinion... ugh

Z.x
03-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Yep the quality definitely needs improvement.

What are your video settings in-game, your fraps resolution, and your rendering settings (resolution and bitrate mainly)? This issue should be easy to solve, I think one of those settings is set too low but I need to know all these so I can say what to do.