PDA

View Full Version : What should i prepare for?

Valgarithos
03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I have chosen to do a machinima film for my cpt project yet i still need to know a few things.

My computer (when i tested out the trial version / free version) and it was choppy, so obviously i need to upgrade my computer with more ram. Since i had my computer for a while it is rather slow. Would the ram alone speed it back up to when it was new? I should also install a new fan and new video card if its in the budget.

Anyway My guild (Saddly falling apart) and I have decided we want to make our guild known to all the realms (and to my cpt mark) who we are and why we are the true champions.

The earth shall be stained with blood before the Blood Moon Clan fades into the echos of time.

Anyway we got script under way, and been trying to find other champions (both horde and alliance) to join us in this film, word doesn't seem to get around that much saddly.

But back to the topic at hand. My Teacher handed me a list with a bunch of programs which can help me with this project. Only problems is that i wouldn't know what movie editing software to use. I got windows movie maker on my compy of course (With us gamers these days who wouldn't have XP 6 years later) Yet i want something to help me make all the editing.

I see movies were people seem to have their characters in certain positions that you can't normally get on WoW. And even in game is see people stuck in some position. (Orcs cheering with their hands in the air running around orgrimmar yet their hands remain in the air after the emote is over.)

I was looking at using fraps as i said earlier since my bud is gonna give me his account of it and also i was thinking of using Audacity for the voice editing. How can i make my friends sound feral like orcs would and dark mysterious like a forsaken would?

I think it was called Vox that i used but i ran out of my 30 day trial on that for voice changers.

:dontknow:

godliest
03-16-2007, 05:52 AM
WoW Modelviewer (http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=35&func=select&id=1) is the tool ur describing about the orc, download it and try. WoW MapViewer (http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=35&func=select&id=2) works in the same way as modelviewer, it's just that u can watch maps instead.

The most common used programs are Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier Pro. I'm currently a little short of time so I will update with some more info for u.

Valgarithos
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Alright, i basically been getting the irish out of me on saturday and completely forgot to check the specs of my computer atm.

Upgrading wise what do you think are the recommended specs for the computer to have before trying to film this?

Btcc22
03-19-2007, 09:34 PM
You should post a full list of your computer specs so we can help you make informed choices on upgrading. :)

Edit: Your budget too!

Valgarithos
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Well i do believe my budget would be from somewhere to 5 cents to $300 dollars.

I forgot to check my specs gimme till thursday night to get them.

godliest
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't have a single idea 'bout computer specs, but it's generally fine to film on all comps. My computer can play WoW on highest graphics (at all things) and with some huge change to the UI and I will never lag. With this perfomance I can record without any lag. Remember u need a dualcore to record in full size.

Valgarithos
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
well what is a dualcore?

Valamir
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
well what is a dualcore?

A CPU that has a two CPU's built into it, hence the name dual-core.

Valgarithos
03-28-2007, 05:12 AM
well i don't have anything like that....