PDA

View Full Version : Who chooses the featured videos !!

alperoz49
03-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Well hello , i wanna ask a direct question.Who chooses the videos that put in the main page under the name of "featured movie".Asking this question because i really started to think that admins put the videos that they liked or the movies of their friends.Lately i have watch some videos that has nothing but presented under the featured movie.Please tell me that this is wrong.Tell me that there are rules and orders about this issue.And pls explain them to me in detail.Becuase i see no reason to follow warcraftmovies if i am a little right with what i said.Peace:top:

Valamir
03-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Featured movies are chosen by a script on our server and it is completely random. Another factor in that script is the movie must have a picture or thumbnail. We also guarantee people, that include Promo material in their movies they submit to our website, Featured Movie of the day. For the most part though, our server uses that automatic script to pick the featured movie.

godliest
03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Isn't it moderators who choose movies that they think are good...? Or is the script intended to feature movies that got a rating over 3.x or something? Hmmm, seems strange to me with a script.

kiahann
03-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Isn't it moderators who choose movies that they think are good...? Or is the script intended to feature movies that got a rating over 3.x or something? Hmmm, seems strange to me with a script.

Moderators watch the movies to see if it has Promo material and if the movie is recommended it goes to a admin to see if it deserves recommendation. but the script chooses which movie is on the spotlight/featured list

The script doesn't choose a rateing over 3.x its completely random like Valamir said.

Terwilliger
03-25-2007, 05:20 AM
But the admins can change whats in the spotlight and featured movie... I think :)

Gedan
03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
A bit of confusion here on what goes up for spotbox and the big feature at the front page.

It's true we have a script that runs this feature, it looks at ratings mainly and it's above 4.5 at this current stage to get on feature movie. Sure the movie can get down rated to ~3 or something but when the scripts finds them they should be around 4.5. We also do manual selection of featured movie of the day and spotboxes, we try and take every movie with Promotion materials (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/linkus.php) in to consideration but they have to show some kind of content that is hot/new/fun to make it up there.

Furthermore if someone contacts me, or any of the moderators and ask if they can get some spotlight on a movie they have created I take a personal look at it and try to arrange it, call it biased decision but we try to help people that stay active in the community and show awesome movies. When a movie showes up several times it's the script that finds it based on high ratings (made by the community).

Hope that helped :)

godliest
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes it helped, kind of...

But u raised another question.

Furthermore if someone contacts me, or any of the moderators and ask if they can get some spotlight on a movie they have created I take a personal look at it and try to arrange it

Doesn't that really mean that everytime I upload a movie I should contact the admins? It seems kind of strange to me...

Gedan
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Well if you think the movie deserves more than a regular release of course contact me (contacting other admins might not be successfull and it's foremost me that deals with movies but they can direct you to me and then I can help). I'm here to help so if you need it, ask.

Martinfalch
03-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Seems reasonable to me and I think it's nice that it's possible to make manual biased decissions for the spotlights etc as well :) As said, activity etc should be rewarded as it's what drives the side forward! :)

//Maquan

Terwilliger
03-29-2007, 08:17 AM
If you contact an admin about getting your movie featured, they will check it to see if it is worthy :)