PDA

View Full Version : Felguard PvP movies?

zibro
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Are there any good level 70 felguard pvp movies at all? I've been looking and looking, and I really don't see any at all. :(

Pikkle
03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Are there any good level 70 felguard pvp movies at all? I've been looking and looking, and I really don't see any at all. :(

Not that Iam aware of, Demonology is a broken tree IMO especially since the latest nerf to it. I tried it out and It sucked alot only good for 1v1 or surviving along time while doing almost no dmg. Affliction is infinetly better as is destruction.

Tiz
03-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Not that Iam aware of, Demonology is a broken tree IMO especially since the latest nerf to it. I tried it out and It sucked alot only good for 1v1 or surviving along time while doing almost no dmg. Affliction is infinetly better as is destruction.

No. ;P

I just uploaded a 2v2 video early this morning. WCM should have the link up soon. Title was Epiphany, and its filmed from the perspective of a felguard warlock in a high ranked 2v2 team with a very good elemental shaman for my partner.

zibro
03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
No. ;P

I just uploaded a 2v2 video early this morning. WCM should have the link up soon. Title was Epiphany, and its filmed from the perspective of a felguard warlock in a high ranked 2v2 team with a very good elemental shaman for my partner.

Nice, that's just what I was looking for. Looking forward to seeing it, and hopefully some good demonology play in 3v3 or 5v5. I'm affliction right now but kind of thinking about demonology.

itloser
03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Before TBC I pvp'ed a lot since my guild decided to take a raiding break. I can assure you that the Felguard is a LOT of fun to PvP with. You just need the right gear & spec. What you lose from desto (huge crits) and affliction (long sustained dps) you gain in overall surviveability. Not to mention you can still get some pretty high padded +dmg from talents available.

I look forward to watching your 2v2 video.

Just to note stay tuned for a 3v3 video featuring 3 high + dmg affliction warlocks. Fun times. :)

zibro
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Before TBC I pvp'ed a lot since my guild decided to take a raiding break. I can assure you that the Felguard is a LOT of fun to PvP with. You just need the right gear & spec. What you lose from desto (huge crits) and affliction (long sustained dps) you gain in overall surviveability. Not to mention you can still get some pretty high padded +dmg from talents available.

right, but don't you kind of run into the problem of having no burst damage + no sustained dps? what can you really do other than coa + corruption and then nuke?

Tiz
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
right, but don't you kind of run into the problem of having no burst damage + no sustained dps? what can you really do other than coa + corruption and then nuke?

The truth is the spec gives you immense sustained dps. I dont get outdamaged pve encounters where I can use a felguard, and even with just a sacrifice on i can do extremely well in pve.

Thats really a moot point though, in pvp a felguard + dots allows you to contribute significant dps while fulfilling your other roles at the same time, and dont underestimate shadowburn for when burst is needed, and either SP or Shadobolt for times when true dps is needed.

zibro
03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
The truth is the spec gives you immense sustained dps. I dont get outdamaged pve encounters where I can use a felguard, and even with just a sacrifice on i can do extremely well in pve.

Thats really a moot point though, in pvp a felguard + dots allows you to contribute significant dps while fulfilling your other roles at the same time, and dont underestimate shadowburn for when burst is needed, and either SP or Shadobolt for times when true dps is needed.

Well I mean, I understand that you can always just nuke for some real dps, but don't you have the problem of having your dots dispelled? UA seems like it provides protection for your dots, and there's almost usually better curses than CoA to put on people, which leaves a felguard lock with what, just corruption and maybe immolate?

I don't know, I'm wanting a video because I'm sure there's something I'm missing. It seems that in 5v5 a win comes less from me doing heavy burst, and more from me interrupting healers and throwing UA+dots around to confuse/stress healers.