PDA

View Full Version : Do people still play Asheron's?

Skarne
10-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi im new to this forum, and... unfortunatly I clicked I will never use this site on the poll asking hehe... yaa

Does anyone still play Asheron's Call? the first one I mean, I played it about 6 or 7 years ago and I loved it, thought it was the best game ever but I had to quit because I moved across the U.S. I was wondering if the population in AC is as big as it was then, or if the game still has enough players to keep it fun?

Thanks for your time.

kiahann
10-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I never played this one personally. But im sure there are still gamers that are hooked on it.

rigryn
10-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Played this game for several years as well. Still think it is one of the best MMORPG's ever.

Moved away when WoW came though :P

Uzbeki
10-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Played this game for several years as well. Still think it is one of the best MMORPG's ever.

Moved away when WoW came though :P

Did you ever play AC2? What did you think of it?

Punchline
10-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I gotta say I've never played this game, but I heared it "was" fun. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

rigryn
10-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Did you ever play AC2? What did you think of it?

Played AC2 for about a year, but it got boring pretty quickly unfortunately. They abandoned a lot of the concepts that made AC1 a great game.

Went back to AC1 after that year or so until WoW came out.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I've never played it, even tho I've heard of it.

T-4
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Man, are they going to nuke spam like the post above this?

Anyway, yes I did play AC... not for very long though. it had some great concepts but I thought it wasn't executed as well as possible. The buffs in that game were amazing, you could fight mobs way above you if you had high level buffs on. Made power leveling FUN but still made you work some.

When AC2 came out it flopped hardcore, and they ended up converting AC1 into the AC2 graphics engine, giving it a pretty decent boost at no cost for the players. I had a friend that played this game right up until WoW was released. Don't know how popular it is today!

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Man, are they going to nuke spam like the post above this?

Anyway, yes I did play AC... not for very long though. it had some great concepts but I thought it wasn't executed as well as possible. The buffs in that game were amazing, you could fight mobs way above you if you had high level buffs on. Made power leveling FUN but still made you work some.

When AC2 came out it flopped hardcore, and they ended up converting AC1 into the AC2 graphics engine, giving it a pretty decent boost at no cost for the players. I had a friend that played this game right up until WoW was released. Don't know how popular it is today!

Kind of like the boosts you get in Lineage 2? I remember I got some pretty nice buffs there.

The Bum
10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
I havent played it either, but i have heard a bit about it

botham
04-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi im new to this forum, and... unfortunatly I clicked I will never use this site on the poll asking hehe... yaa

Does anyone still play Asheron's Call? the first one I mean, I played it about 6 or 7 years ago and I loved it, thought it was the best game ever but I had to quit because I moved across the U.S. I was wondering if the population in AC is as big as it was then, or if the game still has enough players to keep it fun?

Thanks for your time.
Yes i have played it lots of time and i love this game. Tell me how could i help out you in this aspect. I know about its all terms and conditions. Ready to guide you!:lol: