PDA

View Full Version : Videos accepted/rejected criteria?

neogeek
04-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Question: I submitted my latest movie here to Warcraftmovies.com and was absolutely FLOORED when I was told:
---------------------------
The movie you submitted was not approved because:
The content quality of the movie that you submitted was not high enough for us to host it.

---------------------------

I've spoken with a few other WoW video makers (here offline and elsewhere) and they're similarly at a loss and recommended I post a link and ask for feeback/advice here.

Here's the video in question.
http://www.xsquared.ca/romily/revenge.htm

It's doing well with folks who've seen it (albeit the credits segment is long - but only counts for a very small portion of the file size) but, having posted my first video here over two years ago, I'm trying to stay loyal and keep all my WoW work here now that I'm back to creating machinima. I'm at a complete loss. Thoughts?

EDIT: Just to clarify - I'm not here to cry or whine. This was a HUGE slap in the face. While my face is still stinging, I just want to understand why; to know what I did wrong (or maybe there was some mistake somehow). I don't want this to happen again.

Blackfire
04-01-2007, 07:56 AM
i got that too on my previous video. it was more of a fun of my guild thing so it didnt need to be hosted... but still the quality in that video was like 10X better then my previous so i was like what the frig?

Dopefish
04-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Comparing with the average crop on this site (non-edited PvP with Rammstein or Linkin Park music), I completly fails to see how this can get rejected for lack of "content quality" (now whatever that means). I've seen a movie of a guy walking up a hill (instead of wallwalking) with so poor quality you can barely see what's going on and a song with lyrics such as "Put your ass up in the air, like you just don't care". Or how about the "Fanatik and MysticZ - Trailer" which got a recommendation when it had more text than footage?

Well, to be honest, I believe this must be a mistake. WCM gets loads of new movies everyday, that the moderators have to go through, and it's not unlikely that the moderator mistook your movie with another one and accidently rejected the wrong movie.

I don't say this is among the better movies of this site, but it's definetly not among the worst.

kiahann
04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Now I gotta say the intro was pretty cool. But I actually agree with the reject.

even though it had abit of a story it's still a instance run through SM which is old content we don't even accept karazhan movies anymore (accept Nightbane) and of course SM we don't show anymore

So it's pretty much "Old Content"

Dopefish
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Now I gotta say the intro was pretty cool. But I actually agree with the reject.

even though it had abit of a story it's still a instance run through SM which is old content we don't even accept karazhan movies anymore (accept Nightbane) and of course SM we don't show anymore

So it's pretty much "Old Content"
Well that makes alot more sense than that the "quality" would be lacking. :D
Seems you guys have become stricter with your moderation, which I find as a positive thing since it will help the overall quality of the site.

kiahann
04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Well that makes alot more sense than that the "quality" would be lacking. :D
Seems you guys have become stricter with your moderation, which I find as a positive thing since it will help the overall quality of the site.

Yep..:D

I don't know why it would be Quality could of ben a misclick or another reason which I don't understand.

Tosan
04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
This was rejected too :(

http://files.filefront.com/Hardpacked_Holidaywmv/;6843864;/fileinfo.html

Darkalus
04-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I got rejected before too. Just submit it again and it will get approved, that's what happened to mine. :P

kiahann
04-18-2007, 04:13 PM
thats kinda werid. I don't think its a bug or glitch though sometimes when your disproveing movies there could be many errors and you have to pick one Unless you do a custom reason.

godliest
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Well. I watched the movie. It was a good start of the movie, but as the rest clearly was just some cleaning of SM it felt kind of lame. What the movie is really about feels more like a SM run then actually something entertaining. Also the credits was like 50% of the movie.

Altho I've seen much worse I do still believe it shouldn't be accepted. It's clearly lacking in content, it's just a SM run with some talk in the beginning and 3 minutes (no, I didn't count) credits.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but u still need to improve and make a movie with some nice content. The start was good anyways.

optikool
05-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I to was rejected... because the content wasn't high enough quality. That made me want to cancel my paid membership with warcraft movies. I've seen other videos and sadly downloaded them only to find out that the quality was horrible. One movie I can think of is Dampy 2. I thought Dampy 1 was pretty entertaining to watch but I don't know what happend with dampy 2. Here is the movie I posted.... http://files.filefront.com/KaiyoPvP38avi/;7490785;;/fileinfo.html Maybe it just wasn't good enough to post on warcraft movies servers. If that's the case that's perfectly fine but at least give the option to add a link from another site....

Gedan
05-14-2007, 08:27 AM
I to was rejected... because the content wasn't high enough quality. That made me want to cancel my paid membership with warcraft movies. I've seen other videos and sadly downloaded them only to find out that the quality was horrible. One movie I can think of is Dampy 2. I thought Dampy 1 was pretty entertaining to watch but I don't know what happend with dampy 2. Here is the movie I posted.... http://files.filefront.com/KaiyoPvP38avi/;7490785;;/fileinfo.html Maybe it just wasn't good enough to post on warcraft movies servers. If that's the case that's perfectly fine but at least give the option to add a link from another site....

I hope you understand that sometimes movies slip through that maybe shouldn't make it pass the screening, sometimes it's the other way around. All our movies has to be uploaded in the premium archive and we try hard not to fill them with "horrible movies".

If you think that the movie you uploaded to us has good enough content to be shown I suggest you upload it again and hope for a better screening.

optikool
05-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Your reasoning does make since accept, I resubmitted my movie again and didn't upload it to the premium servers. I left a link to Filefront hoping they would just give that link. But they still rejected it. Maybe they are just bias. All of my friends that watched the movie have liked it. It might not be the greatest PvP action in the world... (not a hardcore pvp'r) but it's still entertaining. And you don't have a lot of low level Mage PvP movies to watch... I'm curious if this could be the reason. Maybe I can find another website that host warcraft videos that's not so stringent.

Maėvah
05-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Once one of my videos was rejected because the quality was too high :-p
(Well, the bitrate :-p )

It was something lie 25,4 mb/min and the max was 25.

optikool
05-24-2007, 12:54 AM
That's pretty funny. Well for now I'm just posting my videos on my Guilds site. I also realized there's a lot of WoW videos on YouTube so I will upload the video there too. And since FileFront allows streaming I can upload my guilds videos there and just stream them from our web site. That should work for now. :)

Ream01
06-07-2007, 01:59 AM
This was rejected too :(

http://files.filefront.com/Hardpacked_Holidaywmv/;6843864;/fileinfo.html

WHY I NEVA!

But seriously, That video you're claiming should be up and not rejected was pretty terrible. Im glad it got rejected saved me the time of giving it 1/1/1/1 and lolling

optikool
06-07-2007, 04:36 AM
WHY I NEVA!

But seriously, That video you're claiming should be up and not rejected was pretty terrible. Im glad it got rejected saved me the time of giving it 1/1/1/1 and lolling

I don't normally watch Rogue videos but that was actually pretty funny to watch. I liked how you knocked each one off the ledge with a snowball so you can get them one on one. I just put my videos on stage6 now. I didn't reallize how large they are and the video quality is excellent. I send all my friends there now.

Ream01
06-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't normally watch Rogue videos but that was actually pretty funny to watch. I liked how you knocked each one off the ledge with a snowball so you can get them one on one. I just put my videos on stage6 now. I didn't reallize how large they are and the video quality is excellent. I send all my friends there now.

i was insulting the OP btw not Tosan cuz tosan is my l0v3r!

Pikkle
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM

Ok well if you had been reading the posts by the mod you'll know that they are rejecting old content, Although this is WSG which is still fairly new and you are a dreanei your still under the classification of a twink and the video was quite awful....

All you really did was run around WSG helping a zerg horde.