PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sony Vegas

ownakuz
04-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I started using Sony Vegas yesterday to try and make a WoW movie with recordings from Fraps, the fraps files are saved as .avi and I can import them into Sony Vegas without any problems. I was able to play these within Sony Vegas and Render the files as .avi and .wmv, after a few test rendering I was no longer able to render without Vegas crashing causing like here http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/544/sonycrashhq9.jpg

And now its crashing even when I try to play the movie using Vegas, I tried creating the movie again and I got the same problem. The original files which I am using in the movie work perfectly so I am clueless to what the problem maybe.

Can anyone help me out?

Terwilliger
04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't really understand...

It just crashes out of no where or did you try to do something when it is rendering?

Perhaps you have a program up (e.g. AIM) that uses some kind of flash thing and you have an outdated flash driver... Happens sometimes.

I don't really know, more depth?

ownakuz
04-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I did have AIM open, but I tried closing it and still getting the problem. I changed rendering settings before all this, but I have tried rendering on default settings with no luck and this probably wouldn't cause the problem with it crashing when playing in Vegas preview.

What other information would you need to be able to help me out?

I checked my event viewer and got this
Faulting application vegas70.exe, version 7.0.0.192, stamp 45ae87d4, faulting module frapsvid.dll, version 2.8.2.6486, stamp 4587e2e2, debug? 0, fault address 0x00001b90.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Going to look into it now.

ownakuz
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I tried reinstalling .NET framework files which didn't make any difference :\

When playing my movie in Vegas I notice it freezes when it tries to change from one clip to another, it freezes and then comes up with an error but the music still plays in the background.

fopo_
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello ownakuz,
from the crash-log you can tell it's probably the fraps-codec which causes the error. Reinstalling fraps might help you.

ownakuz
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello ownakuz,
from the crash-log you can tell it's probably the fraps-codec which causes the error. Reinstalling fraps might help you.

Hi, ill try that out later on today when I am home. I finally did render my movie using my laptop which took 4 hours using the same Fraps and Sony Vegas installment, I will try reinstalling Fraps and hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks