PDA

View Full Version : AAE project sound help

itloser
04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
So I finally took the plunge into learning After Effects. I am currently working on a intro that I would like to snag on to my videos showing guild name, etc...

I am pretty close to the visuals being completed. Just need to work on a couple transisitions / first 5 seconds I'm not happy about.

My question for you guys is, what program do you guys use to match sound up to effects present in AAE & do you encode the AAE file with sound or just overlay it in Vegas?

A perfect example of what I am asking would be the Warcraft Movies intros. They have matching sound to the effects on the screen. I would like to do something like that for mine.

If you would like to take a peak of ROUGHLY what it is going to be like, feel free to go to http://www.surgethelock.com/movies/legointro1.wmv

Any help would be appreciated, and feedback on the intro would be a big plus too. However to intercept, here are things I know need to be changed:

* The "created by srg" out transition is terrible
* The opening particle swirl makes absolutly no sense with the following graphic introduction.

Anything else please comment on ;)

vegito254
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
The intro is awesome :) real nice work! I wouldn't change it tbh but that's my opinion. I would put the sound on there in vegas. Just put the clip in vegas and then put the sound where you want it to be. There are probably other ways but that's how I would do it.

btw :) got any tutorials on how to do that in after effects ? I really wanna learn that but I'm a total noob at after effects :o

keep up the good work!

godliest
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
As I'm still fairly new to After Effects and don't fully understand all effects I can't really help u at that part.

The intro is very nice and well done, but the first part. Where some shiny stars fly by, why did u chose just that pattern? It doesn't really seem connected to the text. I would suggest to make to them fly in a L and then make the L huge and the rest of the text slightly smaller.

like Legions

itloser
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Yeah the very start of the clip I think is terrible, it doesn't match up at all but @ the time I was just playing around with effects and got too tired to change it around.

What I was thinking was creating a 3d model of the letter L and do some interesting lighting effects off of that for the first 5 seconds.

Also I'm not crazy about the created by Srg transition, where after is scrolls across my name (which I really like), it pops up and does a odd wipe right out. Minor details, but as a whole I'm not terribly disappointed with it.

To further my question however, it's not really so much a AAE question. I need help with the sound to put in the clip. I don't want to go with a standard MP3 song, more like custom Sound FX's so to speak. Pretty much like the WCM intro's. What program could be used to (easily preferably) create sound tracks?

Oh and as for the tutorial, once its done and their is enough interest I'll record a tutorial Fony style for you guys.

godliest
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Nice, but I suppose by that time I will have figured out how to use After Effects.

First: It's always MUCH easier to simply find some music that fits relatively good and then edit after that music instead of trying to create your own.
Second: After doing some fast research on google I found alot of different programs. THere was Sonys program and alot of others... I think I'll have to ask some1 more experienced to see which is best.

itloser
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM
See the problem with using music that has already been made is that the timing won't match up to the intro and would make it sound completely off key. I mean I'm not looking to do anything fancy, but at the very least accurate.

vegito254
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I don't know a lot about these music creating programs. The only one I have used is fruity loops but you have to buy that one (only used the demo version wich doesn't allow you to save what you created :(). Good program though, you make your own samples and with those samples you create your own music. Takes some time to learn but you'll get the hang of it. Donnow if fruity loops will help you for what you want to do though :o Give it a try :)

I would like that tutorial :) been messing around with after effects but imo it's not an easy program. I'm only working with it for 2 days now though :) I'll get there one day.

Good luck with that music!

itloser
04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Once I get my intro down to how I like it, I'll put together a brief tutorial on the application. When I first started to use it, it was overwhelming. However with using it, you just start to realize how it "thinks" and becomes slightly more clear.

Daghur
04-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I could help you with the sound.

Btcc22
04-26-2007, 04:08 AM
AE is as slow as anything, so just I render out in AE, then use either Vegas or Premiere (doesn't matter which, same end result) to put the sound on, then render it out again.

Mind, I've never done anything which hasn't needed timing that I couldn't be bothered with in AE but if it was just a long composition, I suppose just adding music in to AE would be alright.

Anyway, I also tend to keep everything in seperate compositions to keep my working space tidy, if that's of any use. :D

(Nice looking intro so far. I see you found the Trapcode plugins. :))