PDA

View Full Version : Make a crowd in vegas?

blind_lie
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I need to make some kind of a crowd that is screaming. I'm using Vegas 7.0 but i dunno how to make it in any easier way than putting multiply tracks in vegas and fraps in modelviewer but it makes the comupter laggy and i would need at least 16 tracks:S
The thing i explain above is when I use the chroma keyer function but 16 tracks is kinda much so i wonder if there is any other way to put many characters in the same clip. Like in modelviewer with more than just 1 character.

soosisti
04-24-2007, 11:18 AM
If it does not matter that the crowd looks a bit same, I suggest you make one crowd file which you will use many times.

Frist film the individual members for one crowd set (3-5 layers/charachters). Then add the chroma keyer effect to each one of the sets and tweak their placing correct.

Next, add a single color to the most bottom layer (it's in the media generators section if I remember correctly) - blue or green.

So now all of the crowd layers should be against a blue/green background. Then render the clip with best settings possible (uncompressed avi etc).

Now open up the rendered file in Vegas and add again a chroma keyer effect to it. Finally you can copy this clip as many times as you need and you will have a bigger crowd with less lag.

I did the murloc running scene in my movie, TGaaT: The Quest For Twill (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=33022) this way.

Hope this helped :)

blind_lie
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
thx for the help i will try and do that