PDA

View Full Version : slow-mo in vegas? dumb question

baldycenarius
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I seem to be able to do anything i want with Sony Vegas... except slow down clips? Im used to using Adobe Premiere and being able to just drag the length to slow down the clip. Only with Vegas that just makes the clip repeat itself.

Its probably very simple. Odds are someone will tell me to read the manual or something, but i've looked around everything and cant seem to find/figure this out.

Im sure someone will have a one click solution for me that i stupidly missed.

If you can help, many thanks..

baldycenarius
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
anyone =[?

Daghur
04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Been a while since I used vegas.. But try right clicking the clip and double the framerate.

blind_lie
04-29-2007, 07:10 PM
try with have the mouse over the end/start of the clip...then when u see some kind of nonstraight line u can drag the clip forward to make it slow and bakwards to make it faster

Waverian
04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Right click clip, select Insert/Remove Envelope. Select Velocity. Drag the newly-created bar on the movie clip up to increase speed or down to decrease speed.

Right click on the line to add a point or set a numerical speed %.

Dileptor
05-03-2007, 07:51 AM
My question is related to this one cuz is also bit simple....How do i cut the video layer into more pieces. when i drag a video from explorer to vegas, then it is a one very long line. And the effect apply on the entire lenght. So how do i make for example 3 separate parts of it ?
Thanks for replies.

Terwilliger
05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
@Dileptor: You can do this 2 ways. The most complex way yet more quicker way is to make keyframes on the footage selected. I will not go in to how to do this since it is very complex and hard to explain.

The easier but longer alternative is the select your clip, CLICK WHERE YOU WANT TO CUT so the line draggy thing is on the part you want and press S on your keyboard. This splits up the footage into 2 parts you can work with :D

Dileptor
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
@Dileptor: You can do this 2 ways. The most complex way yet more quicker way is to make keyframes on the footage selected. I will not go in to how to do this since it is very complex and hard to explain.

The easier but longer alternative is the select your clip, CLICK WHERE YOU WANT TO CUT so the line draggy thing is on the part you want and press S on your keyboard. This splits up the footage into 2 parts you can work with :D
Thanks man, the second way was exactly what i was looking for.:top: