PDA

View Full Version : Fraps and Vista

Dawnquiver
05-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Anyone here using Fraps and Windows Vista and not having any problems at all?

The reason I ask is, I have been running the two and can't record at half-screen at more than 30fps, and full screen falls down to 8-12fps. Changing the graphical settings in WoW doesn't effect the recording speeds in any way for me. Now the Fraps thread here said that buying more ram would solve lag problems, but I have run WoW, fraps and task manager at once to see what % of my ram was being used, and it never has gone past 87%. Which is why I ask if anyone else is having similiar problems. My system has an nvidia 7950 graphics card, 2.8ghz processor and 1gig of ram.

kiahann
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Anyone here using Fraps and Windows Vista and not having any problems at all?

The reason I ask is, I have been running the two and can't record at half-screen at more than 30fps, and full screen falls down to 8-12fps. Changing the graphical settings in WoW doesn't effect the recording speeds in any way for me. Now the Fraps thread here said that buying more ram would solve lag problems, but I have run WoW, fraps and task manager at once to see what % of my ram was being used, and it never has gone past 87%. Which is why I ask if anyone else is having similiar problems. My system has an nvidia 7950 graphics card, 2.8ghz processor and 1gig of ram.

What is your resolution set for in WoW when you record?

Dawnquiver
05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
1280x768... :redface: That might be it then?

KingYez
05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi
I have Vista and i have no problems, but it falls down on 29fps. My PC is working very hard all the time though i have 1gb Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo, and nVidia 7650. But i'm running the 32bit edition of Vista and if youre running the 64bit then it could be that but i'm not sure.
-Yez

kiahann
05-02-2007, 05:00 PM
1280x768... :redface: That might be it then?

If you record on "full Screen" then it could be the problem set your resolution below 1152x864

that is if you record on full screen mode.

thats the max resolution that fraps can take on full screen mode