PDA

View Full Version : Digital video camera?

Dawnquiver
05-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Has anyone, or does anyone know anyone, who has tried to make a WoW movie by hooking a digital video camera up to an LCD telivision running WoW? I will be getting one my brother never uses and want to try this. The most obvious problem I can think of is the file size might be huge, but if anyone has info on such a project that would be great :top:

Daghur
05-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Why would you wanna do that? :-|

Dawnquiver
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Good detail with no stress on my system hopefully. My vista computer has been really weird with recording so far.

Valamir
05-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Vista is weird with most things at the present. I would have to say there will be an optimized Fraps coming soon enough. Normally video cameras and computer screens don't work very well at all. Your camera and screen FPS will be out of sync and you will have a bad results.

Thiras
05-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Valamir said it already, DV cameras only capture at a fixed resolution and a different fps than what you have ingame, its not a good idea :/

Cartoonlord
05-05-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu0x6ZVwBmA

... I remember when I posted this you guys all hated it, but the youtube crowd loved it, 7,500 views so far and going, and only one hate-comment