PDA

View Full Version : Fps issues (Already read the guide)

Valgarithos
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
K I read the guide, I upgraded my computer with another gig of ram so now it should have 1250 ram. Computer is alot faster and runs smoother in game and out of game but the major problem is my frame rates still vary from 20 to 40 depending on where I am.

Less populated I guess the more frame rates i get yet when I start recording it always drops to either 10 or 20. I have the frame rates set as low as 25, sometimes I can get good video footage while other times it can be slower then usual.

Is there a quality difference between the free version and the registered version?

Terwilliger
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
It all depends on where your footage is saving too, what resolution your game/fraps is set to (half or full size on fraps) and how much memory you have left.

Go watch Fony's guide on making pvp intro's or whatever. He tells you that to get better FPS while recording, make fraps save to a different harddrive to the one that WoW is saved on.

Also from my experience, the higher the quality you are setting your video to the slower it turns out. If you have set your resolution to very high using some tricks, this will slow your footage down but vegas usually adjusts it.

We all know that fraps footage comes out very huge, so you need alot of space for alot of footage.

Free version has no quality difference, just has a watermark and a 30 second time limit.

By the way, the FPS that you get while recording IS NOT the FPS you get in your footage. For example, if you start recording at 40FPS and you drop to 20 FPS, your footage will be around 30-40 still. It doesn't lag it hardly at all.

Valgarithos
05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Ah yes i see, already seen the movie but now it seems like it runs normally when i view it in winamp after tweaking with it in windows movie maker :D rest i will transfere to the school to get adobe premier to work on it.