PDA

View Full Version : DragonCon Film Festival adds a Machinima segment!

neogeek
05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I got my first taste of machinima in late 2004 with WoW videos and have been hooked on watching and making machinima ever since. Seeing how the genre has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years, I see my passion has not been unfounded. I'm very excited to announce I've been given approval to launch the first annual Machinima segment addition to this year's DragonCon Film Festival!

The 2007 DragonCon Film Festival will be featuring an hour-long panel with machinima makers as well as an hour of the best machinima videos around. To that end, I am looking for suggestions and volunteers for panelists/speakers as well as machinima video submissions. Machinima based on all game engines (Halo, WoW, Sims, NWN, etc.) is welcome and encouraged. DragonCon is held in Atlanta, GA the weekend of Labor Day (August 31-September 3, 2007). See the website for submission guidelines:
http://www.neositesolutions.com/gaming/dc07machinima.htm

See you at DragonCon!

Romily

Terwilliger
05-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Cool!

Balgosa
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping to make it to Dragon*Con this year. If so, I wouldn't mind sitting in on a panel. I'm probably not known for my WoW videos as much, but my "Fett's Vette" video in Star Wars Galaxies is still quite popular.

neogeek
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Heh! Ironic seeing as *you're* the one who got me into this whole genre in the first place. ;)

I haven't seen your work in some time but will check it out and will list you as a potential candidate. Please let me know as soon as you know whether you'll be attending DragonCon. The final decision on panelists will be made June 30th (per http://www.neositesolutions.com/gami...7machinima.htm ).

Thanks!!

neogeek
06-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi all!
The panelist submission deadline is looming (June 30th) and the video submission deadline isn't far behind (July 15th). Looking forward to seeing you and your work!

;)