PDA

View Full Version : How do you create the ripple effect?

Neruthos
05-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I've been trying to make a ripple effect on my screen using Sony Vegas 6.0. I assume you use the Spherize Video FX but I'm wondering how exactly this effect is achieved using this Video FX. Any help will be appreciated and rewareded with biscuts.

godliest
05-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Exactly what do u intend to do, I think understands what ripple means, but I'm not sure what u want to achieve.

Look here (http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=1060&) first, if this doesn't answer you question, then please ask again and try describe better.

Neruthos
05-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice guide but it didn't answer my question :(. I'll try to be abit more specific on what I'm trying to achieve.

The music I'm using has an echoing 'thud' sound. When this thud occurs I want to have a 'ripple' in the middle of my screen.

If you have seen Jurassic Park you'll know that there is a scene where 2 kids are in a truck. A T-Rex approches them and in the glass of water you see it making waves because of the vibrations. That's what I mean by rippling.

Thiras
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM
A radial ripple starting at the mid and progressing outwards?

Neruthos
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
YES! That is EXACTLY what I am after!

So is this doable with Sony Vegas 6.0? If so, would you very kindly tell me how this affect is achieved? As in what FXs I should use etc.

If Sony Vegas 6.0 can't do this, what can?

Yes I've tried to do this myself but I can't seem to achieve this affect :(

godliest
05-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I will show you how to do it as soon as I get time. I've got pretty lot schoolwork atm, and not easy schoolwork either; I got Spanish test tomorrow, and I suck at Spanish!

However, if no1 else does it before me I will show you how to do it as soon as I can.

Neruthos
05-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Yay :D Thanks in advanced.

I know how you feel. I was for some reason in the top group for my German Class but I sucked at German ><

godliest
05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll have to think about it for some time. It seems like Sony Vegas doesn't really do what I tell it to do. My idea was to use two circle transitions close to each other and adding maximum punch. One would make the punch go in and then the other would come and make the the punch go out. However, it doesn't seem to work... Will try to think of something else.