PDA

View Full Version : Did I rated this movie ?

Olibith
05-28-2007, 09:31 AM
It could be nice to know, when you look at a video page, if you've already rated this movie,
maybe with a link to your comment and an edit tool ?
:)

Darkalus
05-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice idea. Or we can have a whole list of 'Rating History', listing all the movies you've rated from highest to lowest in each category.

godliest
05-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I just have to agree I think I've rated the same movie 3 times, always giving same description and same rating. Pretty worthless actually, time spent on nothing.

Dwârv
06-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Darkalus, you rule. Premium idea. Else I have to admit, that like Olibith I more then once asked myself: "Did I, or did I not...?"

Valamir
06-04-2007, 07:47 AM
We have brought this subject up to the extent of an edit feature in the past, the basic decision on that was that it is not likely to happen. As for something signifying that you had already rated any specific movie is an idea that sounds good. If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?

Darkalus
06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
As for something signifying that you had already rated any specific movie is an idea that sounds good. If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?

Like I mentioned earlier there should be a Rating History section in the profile page. On video pages under the 'Rate this Movie' title there could be a small line of text saying something like: You have rated ## for this movie or You haven't rated this movie yet

Additionally in the category pages there could be an extra column saying 'Your Rating' right beside 'Rating'. That way you can quickly see which movies you have/have not rated and what your rating is for the ones you have rated.

Oh and just another quick suggestion, I feel that the 'Class' column in Category pages is quite unnecessary (except for categories like PvP or PvE), since other categories (storyline and music especially) does not focus on the difference in classes, so why not replace that column to 'Your Rating'?:)
Now I'm not saying to destroy the category completely but just omit it in the Category pages, and keep it as it is on movie pages.

Olibith
06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?

To make it simple, I guess a simple message on top of the movie page, something like : You have already downrated this movie 1.0 :D