PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Reborn

Uzbeki
10-23-2006, 03:29 PM
The Kingdom Reborn client which will be released in 2007 will be a huge visual upgrade for UO.

Check out these screenshots:
http://www.uo.com/uokr/kingdomreborn.shtml

Old looks:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/UO_LB_assasination.jpg

Punchline
10-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I understand that this game is "fun" and all, but I mean c'mon. Why would anyone make an MMO with those type of graphics anymore, and then go and charge a monthly fee? This is the 2nd generation of MMO's, and you can't just go making 1st generation games now. Really, I mean, why? Just go play WoW, Lineage II, or even Everquest (II)...

Uzbeki
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
True, I doubt it will bring any new players to the game but it may keep the ones they have left :)

crossword
10-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah i stopped playing UO when they tried to implement 3d into it... it ended up being too laggy, and it was a little...ehh... strange. I kept playing the game for a few months after 3D, but ended up giving up and playing ROSE online until WoW. They had a great thing going back in the day when the game was 'modern' but they aren't really expanding the game too much, and when they added samuris, i sighed cried and died inside.

But for whoever plays it still, hope you have fun ;)

b3rtil
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Lets be nice agains UO now =) its a classic, it built the foundation to all mmo's that we play today ^^

I remeber first time i started playing the game back 8years ago =) was so freaking cool and fun as hell. it still is fun and eaven thou it do not have the Stunning graphics as the new games does these days the old UO2d graphics rules =) love the old sprites and paperdoll.

Ultima Online 4 eavah!

The Bum
10-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmm.. i prefered the old graphics :D

b3rtil
10-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Hmm.. i prefered the old graphics :D
exactly my point =)

twinpeaks
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
There is a lot more to a game than graphics.

To offer a similar comparision, the Ford Mustang, while having appealing looks, has been a crappy car for decades until recently.

Ultima Online in many ways offers the deepest and richest gameplay and succeeds in being a better game than most if not all the examples - and yes I've played them all.

The Bum
10-30-2006, 03:49 PM
There is a lot more to a game than graphics.

To offer a similar comparision, the Ford Mustang, while having appealing looks, has been a crappy car for decades until recently.

Ultima Online in many ways offers the deepest and richest gameplay and succeeds in being a better game than most if not all the examples - and yes I've played them all.
That is so true

T-4
10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
UO Is absolutely great. Of course all games end up dying. They've seriously killed some of what made UO so great. The ideas behind not being level or gear based were amazing, and now it's becoming more and more gear based.

Quazimodo
10-31-2006, 07:05 PM
RIP Ultima Online :cry: You were great!

b3rtil
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
rip? are you crazy. i agree that they destroyed a part of the game when the introduced "3D". but theres still tons of great free 2D shards out there. from time to time i go back and play on some of them for fun =)

Ultima Online will prevail!

Quazimodo
10-31-2006, 09:57 PM
hehe, ok fine then. UO shall arise from the dead! *cross fingers*

b3rtil
11-07-2006, 04:20 AM
haha indeed xD