PDA

View Full Version : Ratings getting out of hand

Vandalist
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
The rating problem is getting out of hand.... People find one or two problems wrong with a movie, and they downrate 1 to every category! Something must be done. Or more moderators should be appointed to handle the reported comments.

Example 1) "That wasnt funny at all... "
People don't find a movie funny, they rate everything 1. Okay so the movie wasn't funny, why does that mean the editing or quality was bad?

Example 2) "wow you have a horrible taste in music"
How does bad music mean the quality or editing was bad? Ok so maybe the content was bad (if it had bad music) and hes not very creative if movie had the same crap music everyone plays... but again that shouldnt mean you can rate straight 1s.

Example 3) "cool but the quality was absolutly horrible... 1!!"
Okay so if the quality sucked, only rate the quality 1. Don't down rate the other categorys because of it...

Example 4) "___________"
Why the hell do people get to comment NOTHING, they can rate 1s and leave the comment box EMPTY! At least make it a requirement for them to post some type of feedback...

================================================== ===

Again, the problem is getting out of hand...Something must be done, This isnt me ranting about my movies, this is me ranting about all movies. I go to certian user profiles.. and they rate 1s across the board to every movie they watch! I see some user profiles where people have like 20 or 30 fame, and they rated 1 to the last 10 movies they watched.. ALL OF THEM! Thats completely bull, some of the movies I watched myself and I just dont understand it.

at least add more moderators to take care of the situation, or make it so you need higher fame to be able to comment... something... anything..

Gedan
07-24-2007, 11:19 AM
We do know some people act like jerks when rating and most of them when doing so gets reported and have their comments removed 99% of the times, just use the red X on the side of their names if you think they speak utter crap and we will take a look at it.

The red text will be coming back to alert people that we are looking for constructive comments. Soon wee will have an option to link each movie to our forum for discussion if you want to "take it outside" - there needs to be an outlet in all this constructive thinking and we think this might help to lower the brainless 1:s spamming the site.

Furthermore, if you look for constructive comments many of our active users (+75 WCM Fame) are now called "renowned" and might have good things to say about a movie, most of the time.

Boratt
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Even if my comments on the movies allways aint' 'constructive', I allways do rate the movies fair, I think that's the way that it should be.

Gedan
07-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah, you can't always be constructive, that would be boring :P, however if one plan on dealing a 1 max 2 rating blow there should be something for the author to pick for his next movie.

halecj
07-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I think you should have to at least have submitted a movie of your own before you are allowed to rate/comment on other's work.

dimmers
07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I think you should have to at least have submitted a movie of your own before you are allowed to rate/comment on other's work.

i agree i put a lot og hard work into my movies and people downrate my movies to 1 cos they dont like the music i use... totally dumb

Punchline
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I wish that you had to be with WCM for like 2 months, have done a certain amount of stuff on the site, or like Halecj said, you must submit your own movie before you could rate movies.

dimmers
07-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I wish that you had to be with WCM for like 2 months, have done a certain amount of stuff on the site, or like Halecj said, you must submit your own movie before you could rate movies.

by preventing people (who arnt movie makers) to vote would not be the best idea. Part of making movies is so everyone can enjoy them, wether you make them yourself or just enjoy watching. Its about everybody comming togther and expressing how they feel.

By remving the ability for non makers to vote they would not be able to express their opinion and would not encourage them to come back again and feel apart of the community.