PDA

View Full Version : The Demon Sands Module (with PvP)

Uzbeki
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
The upcoming Demon Sands module for DDO will introduce PvP to the game. This feature has been long awaited be many players. The developers have stated that the game will still mainly be a cooperative mmorpg.

Here are some of the other features coming in this module:
* Battle other players in tavern free-for-all brawls, compete to Capture the Flag, or fight team vs. team and player vs. player in Death Matches with the new PVP system.
* Learn amazing new spells, enhancements, and feats with the level cap increase to Level 12 (Rank 60).
* A new desert adventure with a massive landscape and 12 new high level dungeons.
* Visit the Auction House to buy and sell the magical treasures of Xen'drik with other players.
* Enjoy new favor rewards.
* Trade feats you no longer want with the new Feat Respec System.
* Benefit from improvements to the shop interface and treasure system.

More information in this thread:
http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71295

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 05:35 PM
This sounds like fun. Just hope they do it alright.

The Bum
11-01-2006, 01:23 PM
This looks good.. this game really needs some PvP

Quazimodo
11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Any game does :P

The Bum
11-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Yes, but most games have it already :P this game has none

Quazimodo
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
I know! :P Just saying that PVP is a must have in newer MMO's

Amoras
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
This game has no PVP? how is that possible?!

DlouBent
07-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I dont enjoy pvp that much >.< But sounds great, ill have to check it out and resubscribe: )

Latex Santa
01-21-2008, 08:33 AM
The PvP still needs much balancing before it's really good people. Right now casters dominate in the Free for All tavern brawls. Caster vs Caster and Melee vs Melee, as well as Capture the Flag or Team Deathmatches in which there are only melee or casters is reccomended right now. Still a ways to go before PvP is TRULY balanced I'm afraid.
Hope this isn't a dead forum is all >_<