PDA

View Full Version : A/V Quality Rating

Maėvah
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello,

I post here to point at a thing I think goes wrong with the A/Q Quality rating.

When you have a viewer rating a video, I numerous cases:
- if he has loved the video he will give it 5/5 in every ranting. even if the video quality is far below some other ones.
- if he hate the video, he will give it 1/5 in every ranting even if the video quality is let's say "dvd-like"

So I think there's a lot of subjective misuse of the A/V Quality rating.

Though A/V Quality rating is important as quality is important ...

What I would suggest would be that Warcraft Movies' moderator who validate the video fixes the A/V Quality rating, which should not be suggestive, and not the viewers.

yoshi245
08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd have to agree, but we can't necessarily change how people rate videos. It's true, a purely superb movie can have horrid video quality and still pull off a 5, while a video with superb HD-like video quality with meaningless and crappy content can pull off a straight 1, etc. Also music choices play a factor in all types of videos (the A in A/V of course, audio). People have their preferences, you can make the best video of all time but choose to add music that'd make anyone smash their head to the wall since it's so terrible, etc.

Maėvah
08-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, you can't change the way people rate videos ... but maybe the most accurate rating would be one alone big subjective rating on /20, because it seems that's the way most people rate.

Gedan
08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
As Yoshi points out music choice is a big factor, at the same time we're very careful not to break a movie based on peoples personal feeling on what type of music they like.

Sometimes movies got a strange tone but mixed with the editing it's a win-win. Lifting out voting on sound might cause the same movie to get personal likings mixed in to the rating no matter how good the music blend to the video. The only winner, if we separate the two, would be authors choosing a more commercial song list.. do we want that?

DlouBent
08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
No we dont want that :) Well at least i dont.

I still think its bad that people downrates cuz of the music when the movie is damn good >.<

Maėvah
08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
The topic wasn't talking about soundtracks, but about misuse of specific rating into a "big" subjective rating.

DlouBent
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, the fact that people misuses A/V Quality rating because they dont like the soundtrack.... thats on topic

Valamir
08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Well I have tried to stress this time and time again that we need another category called Music but it seems our Administrations does not like the idea.

DlouBent
08-29-2007, 04:56 AM
That sucks :<

Gedan
08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
..What I would suggest would be that Warcraft Movies' moderator who validate the video fixes the A/V Quality rating, which should not be suggestive, and not the viewers.

We could have a more mature userbase be the judge on how high the A/V quality is, might be something to implement to the fame system.

DlouBent
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Fame system? Its so confusing :\

mortalseraphim
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
We could have a more mature userbase be the judge on how high the A/V quality is, might be something to implement to the fame system.

that's an excellent idea...

It's usually the higher famed ones who have more level headed and objective ratings.

Legs
02-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Great idea, do that please, cause some of the viewers don't even know there is a difference in video quality between download and youtube stream -,-

I'd totally drop the audio quality rating.