PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good editor for a promo.

Bousi
09-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Hello everyone.

I already created some WoW movies for myself and friends, but I never released a big one on WCM.

My wish is to make a good PvP video out of my Rogue, and I won't stop WoW before making this movie.

I always used a production name, like every author I look at.

On my previous movies, I always wrote that name at the beggining, but I always wanted to have a promo out of it, like WCM has for their website.

I am not a very good editor/creator, though I want to learn, but I don't think I'll ever be able to create what I expect.

That's why I'm coming on this forum and hoping to find someone willing to work with me on that production name promo.

Lenght would be about 25 sec. It could be 3D animation like animated art work, I don't really care, if job's well done.

If this short film requires a lot of work, count on me to tip you via PayPal or something else.

I really want this to be done before I start creating my PvP video, so if anyone is interested, please contact me on this forum, just reply to the thread, or contact me on MSN Messenger (you can ask my adress in PM if you feel so).

Thanks a lot, I hope to see one of you guys soon :)'.

Bousi
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
This forum looks dead :('.

DlouBent
09-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Im acctually in the same situation. :(

Dwârv
09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
If I would have the time, I would offer my hand here. But in fact, my schedule is full, and I mean : full.
But - and here comes the point of my post - you are about to make a movie, but you can not make up a promoclip (xxxx production presents or so, if I got you right) of 25 seconds? Strange. So, what exactly is your problem: You have something special on your mind, but you don't have the programms it needs to make this? Or you simply have no idea, just the name?
Plus: 25 seconds is pretty long - you should think about this again.

Give some details (answer the questions, give estimated time of release), maybe I can help you out one way or the other. Both of you.

Regards

Dwârv

Terwilliger
09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Contact Btcc22, he is quite good! He might have some spare time :>

Bousi
09-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Dwârv, thanks for your reply.

So here are the answers:

Yeah, 25 seconds is pretty long and I didn't really imagine how long it was going to be, so I'm planing on 10 seconds now, after viewing some clips already existing.

I am not making my video now, it will be in about 2 months, so the person who I am looking for will have plenty of time to make it.

So I'm not able to make this clip because:
1) I don't have the skill to make a clip like this.
2) I don't have the programs.
3) But I do know exactly what I want ^^'.

Terwilliger, do you think he will be okay to help me?

Thanks to all ;)'.

Dwârv
09-03-2007, 05:53 PM
OK, I get it.
Well then anyways I am afraid, I can not help you. I am working on the lowest level you can imagine concerning the programs involved. No sony vegas, no after effects, all the sweet tasty programs it needs to rock da house are not on my HD. Simply can't afford it.
But if you manage to get Btcc22 (chaosvex) to help you, you are definitly on the safe side.

Regards

Dwârv

Bousi
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Alright I'll ask him, thanks a lot ;)'.

Bousi
09-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, looks like he said I needed a CG and he didn't have skills to make what I wanted.

Anyone knows where I can a CG?

I'm desperate, I just want a mini-clip :('.

Book
09-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Send me a PM with your idea/vision and I'll see what I can do.

Z.x
09-23-2007, 12:46 PM
By the way, you do know you would have to put out some insane editing throughout the whole video if you want it to be a 'good rogue pvp video', right? Not just the promotion clip. There's billions of rogue vids out there and the few that stand out as 'good' have set very high standards for editing.

Bousi
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I know thanks, I download almost 10 videos a day so I know perfectly what I'm going in to ^^'.

Rovo
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
hi,

I can recommend blender (http://www.blender.org/) as a good and formost free cg. its obviosly more than just an ordinary cg. you can build logos, 3D-Objects and scenes, make games and even build whole movies with it.

at first touch it's not the easiest program to be used, therefore I recommend you further lecture and tutorials. As I have been played with blender for quite a time at university I came up with an idea for a guild-logo that gets burned out of steal. The rendering of the scene took quite a time as I rendered it for 1024x768 and got slowed in the final video to let the laser apear more realistic. the final result could be viewed here: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=51274

so if you plan to produce a logo with blender, google might be your friend (blender creating logo) ;) but if you wanna have a rogue in different perspectives use either wow+fraps and use some fx-filters or use wowmodelviewer, which might be the easiest way. as allways, play arround and test those fancy functions your program offers you and see yourself what the result may look like.

hope there was something interessting for you in my post :)

PS: sorry for my bad english ^^

Bousi
11-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Hello.

Thanks a lot Rovo for your answer.

It has been so much time since I asked I wasn't expecting any new answer.

I am downloading Blender as you recomended and I will try to see what I can do with it.

I hope I can make 3D Models interect easly :)'.

I added a commentary on your nice MooN promotion video.

Good bye :)'.