PDA

View Full Version : Codec problem (I suppose)

drkA
05-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi!

I captured with Xfire lots of sequences to do a WoW PvP video. I edited them with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and I exported it. The file's size was too big (8Go) so I compressed it with VirtualDub to get a 500-600Mo file.

But when I upload it on steam sites (YouTube) there is no sound (I added some mosaics but can't hear them). I uploaded it on WarcraftMovies and I suppose there is the same problem - I received an email from WarcraftMovies: "The movie that you uploaded to our website contained errors which prevented it from playing properly."

I think that's because no sites but Xfire support the Xfire codec. Furthermore one of my friends downloaded Xfire, captured videos but can't see them with other players than Windows Media Player (with others he has just the sound).

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

Uzbeki
05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
What codec did you use in VirtualDub? I suggest you use a h.264 codec if possible. Also its important to choose the correct sound codec. I suggest lamemp3 in ~48kHz.

drkA
05-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your answer
I discovered my problem : when I open my video on VirtualDub, the software does not recognize the audio. I can't change the audio codec and when I play the video on VirtualDub there's no sound.
I will try to change my audio codecs when exporting my video from Adobe Premiere Pro.
The video codec I used was an Xvid codec I think.

EDIT : I doon't know why, but in my Audio tab when I'm exporting my video I can't change the codec. It says something like "Audio codec : doesn't compressed".

Uzbeki
05-18-2010, 10:17 AM
So the problem might be that Premiere cant read the audio codec?

drkA
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure. I tried to export it with h.264 codec and I saw I can change the audio options so I did it and... the audio works on streaming sites ! But the video quality is so poor even if I change the video options.
The next time I'll use Fraps...

drkA
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I received a new mail from WarcraftMovies after uploading : "The image quality of the movie that you submitted was not high enough for us to host it. If possible, please increase the bitrate or change codec settings to improve the image quality."
I really don't know how I can export from Premiere Pro by using H.264 with a better quality. When I set options to best, the file is bigger but the quality is not so better. For better quality I can use another codec but I will get the same problem I explained : no audio.

Uzbeki
05-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah it might be the source. Fraps is the king when it comes to quality.