PDA

View Full Version : Im in desperate search for a new mmorpg

solangelic
10-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey boys and girls

Im looking for a new mmo and I was wondering if you could help me in case anyone happens to know about a game that is close to my "criterias". I would absolutely love it if the game is still new or even in BETA stage.

First of all, what Im mainly into when playing MMORPGS is PVP. Let me tell you about my experiences with MMORPGS so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------

WOW and cons:

- Main reason I dont like WOW is becuase of the PVP system in game. You have anti-classes and PVP is a lot like paper, scissors and rock. If you play as a priest you just know a warlock will rip you to pieces and so on.

- Somewhat immature player base

Entropia Universe and pro:

- One race, only humans. No fractions, every one started out equal.

- Sci. fi enviroment

- No auto aim. You really had to watch were you was shooting.

- Both skill and gear based PVP. If you was good you could win in a 1 vs 5 fight. If you were really good you could win 1 vs "insert any number here".

- Gear was not accesable to anyone, if you found/bought a really good item you were one of the few.

- PVP areas, all vs all. You could even take friendly fire from teammates.

(Three main PVP areas (also random player owned areas and fight rings). 1) A zone were you could enter and be killable for other players while doing your mining or hunting 2) A oil rig zone. Big monsters that needed to be cleaned (which only the good players could) before you could enter. Then you could "close the rig" and loot oil to sell or use later. Many showed up to combat eachother and PVP/PK'ers would hang there to fight eachother. 3) Lootable zone. If you entered here you really got a adrealin rush if you would see a red dot on your radar. Also it would be annonced on the global chat if you killed or got killed in this zone with enough valuable loot on you .)

- Adult community.

- No level cap or level at all in Entropia Universe, its all based on character skills.

- PVP was only a small part of the game and you did it only for your own amusment and not because there was price waiting at the end of day.

Entropia Universe and cons:

Now, I left Entropia Universe because of one main reason. I could not afford to play it simple as that. Since Im highly into PVP that means I would spend loads of reallife money on ammo, gear repairs etc. for my kicks. If you are not familiar with this game its a virtuall universe which is more or less free if you want it to. But, if you are like me and want to PVP or go after the really mean monsters it will cost a lot of money. I quit because I saw the insanity of using loads of reallife money on a game. But i dont mind paying monthy fee, WOW for example had a nice monthly fee and you got a lot of fun for that price. In Entropia this money would honestly not be enough for a one hour hunting session at "end-game level".

----------------------------------------

I know this was long guys. Hope you made it through the wall of text. If anyone knows about a game that could have similarites to what I have described here please let me know about it. :)