PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting new posts notification emails!

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Even tho I've turned them off in Edit Options. It's getting annoying now as my threads are getting alot of replies, and I have to delete them and all, lol. Any assistance on this would be highly appriciated. :top:

The Bum
10-29-2006, 09:27 PM
just go to every subscripet threads and press edit and turn it off :P dont know any other ways

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 09:31 PM
But I want to have them in my User CP list so I can see where to reply to replies.

kiahann
10-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Don't think there is any other way if you don't want the email notifiy your going to have to unsubscribe. just look at the post with the yellow ball glowing next to it that tells you if there are new post available

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Don't think there is any other way if you don't want the email notifiy your going to have to unsubscribe. just look at the post with the yellow ball glowing next to it that tells you if there are new post available

There's an option for it on the Edit Options page tho, but it's not working. I put it on No Notification, but still I get replies, even on daily update email notification I get emails.

kiahann
10-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Here is what you do go to "Edit Options" on your User CP Scroll down to the second block where it says "message & notification on the heading in there look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in blue letters. then it says "Instant Email notification" click on that and change it to "Do not subscribe" And there ya go. You won't get anymore email Notifys anymore

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Here is what you do go to "Edit Options" on your User CP Scroll down to the second block where it says "message & notification on the heading in there look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" in blue letters. then it says "Instant Email notification" click on that and change it to "Do not subscribe" And there ya go. You won't get anymore email Notifys anymore

Yeah, but thing is I want subsribtion, just not the email notifications. I think the forum code is broke so if the forum admin can see if he can fix it, it would be cool. No biggy tho. Maybe I can even block the email address if the only thing I get from it is message notifications.

kiahann
10-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Oh okay simple then hopefully this fixes it

Try puting that same setting only put it on "No email Notifications that should fix it.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Oh okay simple then hopefully this fixes it

Try puting that same setting only put it on "No email Notifications that should fix it.

That's what I did :P Still get emails.

Uzbeki
10-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Wierd, I will look into this asap.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Wierd, I will look into this asap.

Thanks alot! :top:

Uzbeki
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Your setting looks correct.
Have you gone into "List Subscriptions" in your User CP and changed all notifcations from instant to "no email notification"? You may still get email notification on the ones you posted on before changing the setting.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
That fixed it, genious! lol. Thanks alot.

Uzbeki
10-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Excellent :)
Issue solved. *Lock*

unska
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure but I think the "No email notifications" only works with the future topics you post. All the older topics still sends you notifications. NOT SURE THOUGH! This is just what I thought, since I still got few notifications after I turned it off.