PDA

View Full Version : A single player MMO game!

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:26 PM
“Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures” is first and foremost a MMO, which means that you can expect to explore a vast and detailed gameworld filled with content, but it also gives you a unique entry into the world through a single-player experience at the start.

In the MMO world you find thousands of other adventurers, and you can fight them, join them or avoid them. By joining forces with others you can face the dangers of the world together, and thus harvest treasures protected by mighty monsters that only groups of players can ever hope to bring down. Besides bringing the most brutal combat experience ever seen in a MMO, Conan also promises to deliver what all fans of MMOs love and enjoy. Vast character customization opportunities, a deep character creation, lots of social opportunities, crafting, a deep and fun RPG system, exciting classes, lots of exploration, and tons of PvP and PvE. These are some of the ingredients in this powerful MMO.

At the same time, “Age of Conan” advances the genre by adding a single-player experience to the mix. When starting out, the first time you go through a deep story-driven campaign with exciting environments and challenging, interactive quests. Starting out as a galley slave you eventually strand on the burning beaches of the Barachan Isles, with nothing but a broken ore and tattered clothes. In the next hours you embark on a story tailored to you, and you alone. That means going through a cinematic and riveting experience that you have never seen in an MMO before! When your character is ready, you will face even greater challenges in the larger Hyborian world.

Enter a massive online world populated with thousands of other players.
Explore Hyboria in groups and guilds or play solo.
Become part of the political life on your server, form guilds, construct cities and declare war on other guilds.
Emerge as a hero from the story-driven single-player experience and embark into even greater adventures in the massively multiplayer part of the game.
The MMO and single-player experience go hand in hand, so even the start of the game requires you to be online.

The Bum
10-29-2006, 08:32 PM
This might be a good way to learn the game when first starting, and also nice for RP

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Yup, it's nice to learn the basics of a game before you're actualy out there in the action, and if you've finished the single player part on one of your characters on your account you can skip it with the second character and jump straight to level 20.

kiahann
10-29-2006, 10:08 PM
hmm is it going to be monthly or what since it has single player? *confused*

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 10:13 PM
hmm is it going to be monthly pay or what since it has single player? *confused*

No, they wont charge for the single player portion of the game.

Punchline
10-30-2006, 01:11 AM
This is a very interesting way to start an MMORPG. I can't say I like it until I see it.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Yup, and at some places in the single player portion of the game you can meet other players, kind of like Guild Wars I think. Like at bars and stuff you can meet up with other players to chat. I'm not sure if this will make it to the actual game tho, sounds pretty complicated unless the game is gonna be wholely Guild Wars style.

kiahann
10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
i hope it's like guild wars and it's free then im definatly buying it.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
i hope it's like guild wars and it's free then im definatly buying it.

The single player part will be free, the online part of the game wont, of course... the game is way too awesome for that. And we can expect frequently updates which is good. :)

Uzbeki
10-30-2006, 03:49 PM
The single player part will be free, the online part of the game wont, of course... the game is way too awesome for that. And we can expect frequently updates which is good. :)

By free do you mean I could download the single player part from their site for free? It would be awsome to be able to try it out in single player and at the same time build your character before starting out in the "real" world.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
By free do you mean I could download the single player part from their site for free? It would be awsome to be able to try it out in single player and at the same time build your character before starting out in the "real" world.

No, you have to buy the game, sign up for an account but you dont have to start paying before you enter the world of other players in the game. There will be a open beta tho, so you can try it out. You build your character as you start the single player. You start off in a slave galleon (or however you spell it) boat and it crashes into a reef and you're stranded on a island. The character creation is even more advanced than Oblivion one was. :)

Uzbeki
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
No, you have to buy the game, sign up for an account but you dont have to start paying before you enter the world of other players in the game. There will be a open beta tho, so you can try it out. You build your character as you start the single player. You start off in a slave galleon (or however you spell it) boat and it crashes into a reef and you're stranded on a island. The character creation is even more advanced than Oblivion one was. :)

Ah ok, that will work I guess :)

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Ah ok, that will work I guess :)

Im curious how this will work tho, if you decide to start a new character once you already have one in the community part of the game, if you still have to pay than.

The Bum
10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I think you still have to pay after having one character completed it.. anything else wouldnt make sense

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
yup, it would probably have been to complicated for them to even care, not like they want to work extra for less money income :P

kiahann
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
i still think it should be free i can't afford paying for 2 considering im never givein up on WoW

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
It wouldnt have been that great if it was free, if it is any game that should be free it's WoW.