PDA

View Full Version : Groundbreaking Technology!

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Bringing one of the most detailed and deep fantasy universes to wondrous graphical life is an incredible challenge, and only the best of technology will bring justice to the amazing works of Robert E. Howard. Not only does it take a top team of programmers, graphic artists, musicians, world designers and testers to make the virtual world of Conan a reality, it also takes a whole range of tools and engines they can work with. In “Age of Conan” Funcom is utilizing the proprietary Dream World™ engine, which is based upon ten years of MMO technology research. The innovative and multi award-winning qualities of “Age of Conan” are a testimony to Funcom’s ability to create cutting-edge MMO games with superior graphics and sound.

Graphically and technologically, “Age of Conan” is one of the most advanced PC games currently in development. The rendering engine is able to show characters and environments in extreme detail. Advanced motion capture technology give eerily life-like detail to both beasts and people, and the fast, dynamic battles seem as alive as they would in the real world. Add an immersive soundscape presented in rich 7.1 surround, and you get a world which aims to please all your senses.

A powerful MMO engine based on Funcom's proprietary DreamWorld technology, delivering not only beautiful vistas, but also giving Funcom the ability to implement content highly efficiently.
Runner-up Gamespot E3 award as "The most innovative game of show".
The most detailed character creation system ever seen in an MMO. Alter the looks of your character down to one structure and aging of the skin.
Mountain ranges like you've never seen them before, landscapes so thick, deep, lush and detailed you'll think they have existed forever.
Motion-captured animations bring incredible life to characters and beasts -- even the horses are motion captured, giving a fluid feel to every movement.
Believable sound effects and epic music created by award-winning producers, all presented in mind-blowing 7.1.
The first massively multiplayer online game to use DirectX 10, the newest generation of DirectX technology.

Taken from www.ageofconan.com

The Bum
10-29-2006, 08:41 PM
wow, nice.. guess i have to upgrade my PC then, now i just need the money :(

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:49 PM
wow, nice.. guess i have to upgrade my PC then, now i just need the money :(

Oh yea, I bought myself a new computer this summer which cost me 1300 euros, Ill get SLI DX10 NVidia cards once the game is out and Vista for sure. Maybe even a nice soundcard and 4 speakers to put in each top corner of my room just to enjoy the surround :lol: haha, I'm crazy, just this game excites me so much.

DamionFury
10-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Although Quazimodo's post is copied from the Age of Conan website, it's definitely good info. You can read some more information about the game here (http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&func_id=1031&table=PUBLISH&template=news_features_game&selected=1031).