PDA

View Full Version : Build and Defend Player-Made Cities!

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
In a world driven by conquest, bloodshed and endless battles, the great constructions of men are endlessly torn down by merciless hands. While men disappear and leave nothing but rotting flesh upon death, a fallen city can be raised to exceed its former beauty and splendor. This is particularly true in Hyboria, where the work of men rise and fall as if in rhythm with the very ebb and flow of the world itself.

In “Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures”, you and your guild can build your very own city. By claiming a piece of land you get the opportunity to erect a wide range of buildings and city walls. Your guild and it's members will have to collect resources such as wood, stone, iron and gold to make the city of your dreams come true. Building such a beacon of civilization naturally attracts unwelcome visitors in the form of invaders, so be prepared to defend it from powerful computer controlled enemies.

Buy a piece of land, collect resources such as wood and stone, and then erect functional buildings such as the blacksmith, the city hall, the barracks and much more.
Build fortified city walls to defend your city from invaders.
Become a resident of your own city, walk around between it's buildings and invite other players to come and trade on your streets.
Like in a real-time strategy game, computer-controlled enemies will start building their own city next to yours, eventually launching attack.
Lay siege to computer-controlled cities, and let the catapults sing their merry song of death as you crush their defenses.
Guard your city with computer-controlled guards, and allow vendors to sell their merchandise in your city.

The Bum
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM
nice, guild made cities.. this seems like lot of fun :)

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
nice, guild made cities.. this seems like lot of fun :)

Yup, if you search www.youtube.com for Age of Conan videos you can probably find one where they show you how it's done, it's really sexily done. And what's good about it is that each player contributes to their city based on what prestique class they choose.

You even have a crafter branch class called Architect where you can design the buildings. I'm gonna be a weaponsmith tho, liked the idea of creating my own arrows as a ranger.

kiahann
10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
wow that would be sweet building citys seems like a good realisic game

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 10:17 PM
wow that would be sweet building citys seems like a good realisic game

Yeah, and it's gonna be awesome for me. Being an ranger just standing on top of the guild city wall and sniping people with my arrows. Remains to see if you can actually be on the walls tho.

kiahann
10-30-2006, 06:03 PM
That is actually going to be the funest part. makeing citites:D

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Heh, I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy PVP-ing more.. castle vs castle.. *drool*

kiahann
10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
zomg castle for castle would be sweet!

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 09:18 PM
thats how it's gonna be!