PDA

View Full Version : True to The Conan Lore

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:29 PM
The first official Conan MMO sends you on a brutal journey in the footsteps of the worlds’ greatest fantasy hero. Meet Conan’s friends and foes, battle demons and monsters known from 70 years of Conan history, and step up to the ultimate challenge and befriend the mighty king Conan himself. As created by the famed author Robert E. Howard, Conan is one of the most popular fantasy universes of all time, and in ”Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures” Funcom stays entirely true to the deep and brutal Conan lore!

The world of Hyboria is known for its many perils, and the world is filled to the brim with ancient evils, cruel gods, mythical creatures, lost civilizations and a struggling human race. In this twisted fantasy world, dark magic and brutal combat lurk around every corner, and each man and woman must carve their own unique destiny under Conan’s reign.

The setting of the game takes place shortly after the Robert E. Howard story “Hour of the Dragon”, and puts you in the middle of Conan’s savage world, filled with brutal combat and great adventures. The world of Hyboria is a fictional reality of our own earth 10,000 years BC, and Funcom has faithfully reconstructed it in the same vision as the original lore. The developers are also drawing upon the vast selection of books and comics released since Howard first wrote about Conan the Barbarian over seventy years ago, all to bring you the ultimate Conan experience. In the true vision of Robert E. Howard’s brutal universe it’s now time for you to become a messenger of death.

Based on the original works of author, Robert E. Howard.
Set in Hyboria nations such as Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia.
Meet up with many of the characters known from the lore, such as Toth-Amon, Kalanthes, Strabonous and of course King Conan himself.
Faithful to the mature, barbaric and violent nature of Hyboria.
Dozens of locations featured from the Conan lore.
Embark on amazing and action-filled adventures in the lands of Hyboria, experience the intensity found in the books and comics, and explore the detailed world behind the text.
Set shortly after the novel, Hour of the Dragon.

The Bum
10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I dont know much about that conan lore, but its a great thing that this game is true to the lore

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
This is what I think World of Warcraft missed out on, I still am very curious as to what happend to Arthas. Maybe they'll release an expansion sometime in the future with him in some instance, but I just dont think the Warcraft lore fits with instances, ruins it when tons of people have done the same thing over and over again.

kiahann
10-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Saw the old conan movies those are good

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:15 PM
lol, isnt it just one with Arnold Schwarzneger.

kiahann
10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
There is conan and i think the sequal called Conan the barbarian there's 2 parts i think

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Starring with Arnold in both?

Kayru
07-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Sounds okay

Punchline
07-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Off-Topic: What happened to The Eminence, Quazimodo?