PDA

View Full Version : Warriors role in pvp

Pamis
11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I remember thinking about this when i saw all thise "warrior are broken subjects"
along time ago in the WoW forums. And i decided to post on it like a year later :)

I think a good majority of us will believe to say that warriors are not the strongest 1v1 class and are more or less Gear dependent in a 1v1 situation. Now for you Flamers on this topic i'm not saying warriors are ONLY gear dependent. Ive been playing the warrior since i dunno 1 month after WoW released. And what im trying to say is when a warrior hits the maximum level of Skill level (meaning he cant really get any better at his class) It becomes gear dependent.

K setting that aside When a company makes an MMORPG they need SOLO pvp balance, PVE balance, and finally the most over looked subject GROUP PVP balance. I get really annoyed when i see posts about that other classes are better at 1v1, and those people who post this dont often look at the warrior class in Group pvp. The warrior class is a hard hitting burst damage class, they lack very good kiting, pvp crowd control so what can they do? simple in a group of pvpers because the warrior is able to hit so hard it is able to create chaos within the groups. An unorganized team who doesnt control that warrior or its damage (by that i mean heals) often loses. The reason being the warrior's job in the pvp world was to be a key part in GROUP pvp not solo.

Mortal strike: lowers healing rate on target= easier to take down

Pummel: Quick way to stop a spell, and perhaps more usefull then the rogues kick in a sense that a warrior wears plate and is much harder to take down with pure damage

Intercept/charge: Stop another class from reaching your healer/spell caster. I cannot think of another class in the game who can save a healer or spell caster at quick as a warrior due to intercept.

Hamstring: linked to intercept/charge. Prevent Opponent to get to healer/spell caster (Easily done before intercept but allows caster to get away from enemy after interception)

In group pvp if the warrior is not handled quickly (crowd controlled, killed) then it easily can be the most effective supportive class. Particularly in battle grounds does the warrior do best (or open world pvp) Warriors normally go on mass killing sprees in battle grounds compared to the arena because theres no organization to control the warrior in these situations.

I believe blizzards originally intent with the warrior was to be the group pvp dominant. The burning crusades arena makes us forget how use ful the warrior is in group pvp because of more sophisticated orginazation then GET THE FLAG!

Pamis
11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
this is mainly a theory, so when you flame keep that in mind. Discuss this with me dont just flame

Valamir
11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
My personal opinion is the same with more to it. Warriors are horrid in solo anything. I totally feel and agree with you on this matter. I lean more towards them being the "group" class. The first thing someone does when seeing a warrior is blow the joker up with all they have. I have seen one healer on a warrior in AV with 5 mages attempting to take him out...the guy was impossible to kill. They are nothing to be toyed with unless they are solo.

Iwasthe1stgod
12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
RE: Solo Ability of wariors

(ARMS) I have a level 70 warrior that does a little bit of pvp, some arena, and alot of raiding. I think the idea that warriors are weak in solo pvp is fairly in accurate from my experience. I find its fairly simple to take on physical dmg classes like hunter/shaman/rogues/druids because of 2 things, we have high armor and we can wield shields. Ofcourse many warriors dont like to bind shield/1h and a 2 h weapon, but i find that it makes such a huge difference it should be a stapple (meaning everyone should use this). You can easily time when to use reflect with shield vs shaman shock spammers or elemental shammans. Another advantage is that shield bash mutes them longer then pummle. And lets not forget the fact we can thunderclap, demo shout, and disarm :top:.

I notice that many warriors dont use imp clap, or demo shout, but these 2 moves alone reduce attack speed by 20%, and reduces attack power by around 270 i beleive (thats like taking away 3 items from the character).

Classes like warlock, priests of every sizes, pallies, mages, i have issues with. I find that they can often times (if geared well) rely on the fact i cant out dps them.

Now that prot has been buffed (devaste costs only 9 rage, shield slam ALWAYS dispels magical effects, everyone can be disarmed, reduced chance enemy will dodge), iv had huge success while solo'ing in prot spec (10/5/the rest of my points :o). In solo matchs i can be in pull pvp gear, and spam devaste for dmg + sunders, and concussion blow at oportune moments. Rogues, shamans, pallies and arms warriors are not easily outlasted by these effects.

The buff to shield slam and devaste are a blessing for pve'ers who like to pvp on the side, nothing like watching those buffs disapear ^^. Not to mention, having a slow M-Hand with devaste can cause quite abit of dmg while lowering armor.

Feral druids are oddly enough hard to kill as prot spec due to the fact they can outlast us.

Overall, i prefer to solo pvp as prot warrior, now that its been buffed =).

I totally agree with your mass chaos theory. In terms of group fights (arena), the most powerful thing i suppose is that we can hamstring and we can Whirlwind. Fear is always nice to open with if they are pact. Intercepting between targets can prove to be effective way of disorienting them keke.

p.s. Sorrys if this is a tad off your topic ^_^

Sharkslayer
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
That's great and very useful for me although i'Ma rouge.
Thangk you very much
i know a little english
i want to make great progress
Want you support