PDA

View Full Version : Which Rogue race, is the best?

xeroz
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Hello there! I'm player a level 60 Undead rogue, and im here to make you a PvP guide for the best Rogue..
I've ben doing loooots of PvP with and against all kinds of rogues.. So ive ben trying to make a guide based on which is the best PvP Rogue Race.. Im not saying any Race is the best, decide it for your self..

My build is 30.8.13
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/rogue/talents.html?3053201250013503203000000000000000550 00003000000000
------------------------
Skill ratings

Is useless skill
Is Okay, but not needed skill
Is a great spell, but good players dossen't need it
Totaly needed for any player

lets start with the alliance faction oki?

-------------------

Night Elf.
+1% dodge Its a need for most people.
Shadowmeld (Improved Stealth) REALY GREAT SKILL! hard to see you in Stealth (Works for druids prowling too)
Whispform (No use) Still havent seen the point in this skill..
+10 Nature resist Can't say it's useless.. But.. Isent much realy..

-------------------

Dwarf.

Stoneform Immune to bleed effect, makes you able to restealth agenist a warrior and a rogue.. Also +10% armor! brilliant!
Find Treasure Useless for PvP..
Gun +5 Not realy needed for a rogue, but fine when the enemy is running away and sprint isent ready
Frost ressistance +10 Fine agenist a frostmage, but no need at higher levels.

-------------------

Gnome.

+5% Intilect IMBA FOR A ROGUE (Not)
Escape Artist Removes, Nova, Crippling, Hamstring and anything that makes you unable to move...LOVE IT!!!
+15 Engingeering It's good since most rogues choose Engingeering.. (Damn expensive though)
+10 Arcane ressistance Well, its okay agenist mages Arcane explotion and Druids Moonfire Spam..

------------------

Human

Perception Great when you know a druid or rogues is stealthing/ prowling nearby.
+5% Spirit Well it's fine when restealthing so you regain HP a little faster
Sword and mace skill + 5 It's fine till you ding around level 25 if you are sword/Mace rogue..
+10% reputation Great when you want to get more reputation from, WSG/AB/AV..

--------------------

Finaly the Horde, My favors <3

--------------------

Troll

Berserk Nice skill, thouh only usefull when low on HP
Regeneration Nice, you regain a lil HP in combat
+5 Bow and Throwing Well same as +5 gun for dwarfes a bit useless
+ Damege agenist beasts A good PvP rogue aint attacking hunters pet!

---------------------

Orc

Battlefury Damn nice Ambush and backstab crits though you cant blind + bandage after.. Or a bit waste of bandage to do..
Axe Skills Useless since you can't use axes..
+25% Stun ressistance Brilliant agenist Rogues stunlock
+5% Pet Damege Would be nice.. If we had a pet..

----------------------

Undead (UD female Rogue FTW!)

Will of the Forsaken IMBA IMBA IMBA agenist, locks, priests and warrios.
Underwater breathing No use in PvP
Canibalize Well i use it when i have blinded in BG, and theres a corpse nearby..
+10 Shadow Ressistance Nice vs Locks and Shadow Priestes for the lower levels.

----------------------

Since im playing Undead (Female) rogue my self, im gonna show you my tactic agenist classes.

Shadow Priest.

One of the few classes damn hard to beat for a Rogue.
I start by stealthing up to him/her (remember damn nice to have Thistle Tea)
I open up with a cheapshot, to avoid DoT.. Now backstab him, and use your Thistle Tea right here you should have 3 Combo points (4 if using my build and lucky) you backstab again. Kidney shot him, and give one backstab when possiple.. Now drop ur Will of the Forsaken, he will most likely fear you at this point, but now you are immune. He would prob re-shield, but jump around him, spamming backstab + Evicerate and you will win, but remember, shadow priestes heal 30% of the shadow dmg they do to you.

Holy Priestes.

Annoying class realy, not good PvP but annoying. Open up with an Ambush and beg for a crit, at my level i crit 1400 on casters. He will shield up, renew and use Shadow Word: Pain on you, you can restealth now (If skilled you can) He will run around using fear and reset Shadow Word pain.. Use Sprint to catch him and backstab him all the time, crippling poisent and wound poisen is a big help at this point.. You can win if having some lucky crits.

Warlocks

Most easy class for a Rogue, Open up with a cheap shot, if they use Succubus, sap them insted, and kill the Succubus.. They will most likely throw all DoTs (Damege over time) in your face.. Agenist a lock u cant restealth. Just try to backstab him and Evicerate him all the time, when you are feared, use will of the forsaken.. When feared again use PvP trinket.
you will most likely win this match if you play well..

Mages

Uff hate this class.. Dont ever cheap shot a mage, they can blink out of any stun (15-20 sec cooldown cant remember) use Ambush beg for a crit, and use evicerate, when they frost nova you, use Vanish, he will prob break it but dossent matter, he shouldent get far away.. If he uses Polymorph use trinket. Spam backstab on him as long as possiple.. If he should frost nova you again, make sure to blind him and bandage if low on health, then restealth and ambush, you should be able to kill him by now.

Warriors

Now remember fury warriors do much more dmg than you! Make sure to keep them on a distance (Crippling poisen + run + Restealth) Remember to spend 2 points in improved Expose armor, then reduce hes armor when having 5 points. Just keep restealthing your crippling poisen slows more than hamstring (At level 50 it does) Keep stunning and backstabing him.. Perfection is your best friend.. You prob have improved Gouge, so use it and restealth.. and cheap shot.. Make sure hes allways affected by Expose armor..

Note. You can only be in stealth every 3th second when being affected by Rend or Deep wounds..

Hunters

No matter how good you are.. You cant make sure to win a match vs a hunter.. Hunters are the strongest class in game.. (Maybe shamys are stronger, i don't know realy (: ).. Make sure to keep him slowed.. Allways.. Keep gougeing him.. you cant restealth when affected by flare or hunters mark. Only vanish to get out of Improved Wing Clip.. vs hunters Freezing Trap, Ice reflecter is damn nice ;D.. But try to keep them stunned.. and expose their armor with 2-3 combo points..

Rogues

If you get the first hit, Cheap shot!!!!! And stunlock him!! (Cheapshot, Backstab, Thistle Tea, backsyab Kidney shot = Stun lock) When finaly your stun lock is gone, sped atleast one point on rupture and vanish now he wont be able to restealth.. Try finish him off with a 3 (cheap shot > backstab > Kidney shot)points stun lock (4 if lucky and my build) keep him affected by Rupture or Deadly poisen.. (Rupture pref)

Lola.. Paladin..

My matches vs a pally last around 2 minutes.. Okay, Start off with a stun lock (as said above) Now hes slowed, if he got a small amount of skills he dispels your slow effects, make sure that hes allways affected by a 5 points expose armor.. When hes low on HP, he will prob shield and heal, at that point run away and re stealth, then sap him and use bandage, and restealth again.. make a 3 points stun lock.. Get 5 combo points with backstab, and use coldblood and Evicerate, if he dossent die, he will use instant cast full heal which cost all hes remaining mana.. Now Gouge him right after re stealth (If you can use bandage again then sap, bandage and restealth) use another 3 points stun lock, if hes not affected by expose armor, make him be.. Finaly you should finish him off.. Phew..Tirred of writing..

Shamans..

Since im horde, i dont realy duel them but heres what i do..

In duel, he will prob use all hes totems, wait in stealth till hes Fire Nova totem/ Magma totem is gone, and sap him.. Now Destroy all hes totems and restealth (If orc use ambush if now stun lock) Now vanish!.. Sap him and use bandage if needed, if not destroy all hes totems (Remember when targeting hes totems you will lose combo points from him, only do when having less than 3 combo points, else cheap shot, and evicerate and attack totems..
Try atleast having a 3 points expose armor on him.. Keep backstabing him till hes almost dead, then he will prob heal, kick/ gouge/ Kidney shot him.. and finish the job..

Enjoy.. I will might make a movie where you can see me beat all the classes..

axle911
11-01-2006, 09:50 AM
yer i rekon any race is the best lol but some people like playing the alliance and some people like playing hord so you no they've all got there own choices

The Bum
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
That was a nice guide :D

xeroz
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
yer i rekon any race is the best lol but some people like playing the alliance and some people like playing hord so you no they've all got there own choices

never said any class were best.. and yes, this guide just show what is good and bad about each race, i just prefere Undead.. =/

Amoras
11-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Very nice guide! I'll have to re-think my rogue!

Lodisen
11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
"Sword and mace skill + 5 It's fine till you ding around level 25 if you are sword/Mace rogue.."

Are you stupid or something? +5 skill is KICKING ASS! It gives you more crit chance, more hit chance etc etc. So it's still very good at level 60, especially for PvE.

Stoneform doesn't just render you immune to bleed effects, disease and poison aswell. So if a rogue blinds you, you can stoneform out of it.

xeroz
11-02-2006, 04:46 PM
"Sword and mace skill + 5 It's fine till you ding around level 25 if you are sword/Mace rogue.."

Are you stupid or something? +5 skill is KICKING ASS! It gives you more crit chance, more hit chance etc etc. So it's still very good at level 60, especially for PvE.

Stoneform doesn't just render you immune to bleed effects, disease and poison aswell. So if a rogue blinds you, you can stoneform out of it.

+5 isent kicking ass, it isent more than +0.3 or something crit.. Which isent much.. And i think most people knows what Stoneform does..

Pelagius
11-03-2006, 12:08 PM
+5 isent kicking ass, it isent more than +0.3 or something crit.. Which isent much.. And i think most people knows what Stoneform does..

Sorry but thats just plain retarded .

+5 Skill will give u a higher Dmg output . Tbh i Rly dotn care about the pvp part .

But for pve For alliance Imho human rogues are far better than any other choice,
The 5+ Skill will increase ur Dmg by ALOT for a entire raid ,

Just my 2 cents

The Bum
11-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Yes, the +5 swords is awesome in PvE

xeroz
11-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Which part in "PvP" is it you don't get?

The Bum
11-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I know the title says PvP, but rogues are able to do other things

Quazimodo
11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
gnomes!

Zaoris
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Nice guide,hehe..but I think undeads are the best.

xeroz
11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
I know the title says PvP, but rogues are able to do other things

It's still a PvP guide, i don't do PvE at all.. i level in WSG, AB and AV.. By delivering the marks..

The Bum
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Well.. +5 sword skill is still better than diplomacy..

xeroz
11-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Its useless at level 25, if your a sword rogue..

xeroz
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
And no. not realy.. Diplomacy, is realy good when trying to get exalted with AB/WSG/AV... makes it much easier..

Ragnorok161
11-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I would say undead. nothing beats WotF

The Bum
11-10-2006, 09:38 PM
True, but the gnome and the orc ones are pretty close

xeroz
11-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Infact, i'm sad i didden't make up an Orc Female Rogue.. Since they are 10 times cooler ;D

vrakor
12-19-2006, 05:33 PM
"Dont ever cheap shot a mage" ???? so u think its better tht they use blink when they want not when they have to ??? lol ...just CS+couge+Bacstab sprint on them after blink and KS + BS thistle tea BS,BS or if they low on HP try to Evis after first BS.

xeroz
12-24-2006, 02:19 PM
"Dont ever cheap shot a mage" ???? so u think its better tht they use blink when they want not when they have to ??? lol ...just CS+couge+Bacstab sprint on them after blink and KS + BS thistle tea BS,BS or if they low on HP try to Evis after first BS.

Actualy, i were about to make a new guide couse of patch.

I'm trying my 41.3.7 build and doing pretty well..

Vs all classes Open up with cheapshot followed by Mutilate You should at this point have atleast 4 combo points, kidney shot, mutilate, thistle tea cold blood evicerate = Dead meat

Bobtherogue
12-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Vs all classes Open up with cheapshot followed by Mutilate You should at this point have atleast 4 combo points, kidney shot, mutilate, thistle tea cold blood evicerate = Dead meat

u should cheapshot, sin strike gouge (cuz it gives ur poisons time to apply and increasing dmg from mutilate by 50% and plus with ur build u probably have imp KS(dmg taken increased by 9%) and find weakness(dmg taken increased by 10% after performing a finishing move) talents so its better for u to do this. done it on a warlock - "Your Mutilate crits Booba for 1309 Your mutilate crits Booba for 769". I like this build becuz u have a doubled chance to crit so if any of ur Attacks from mutilate crit u have 3 combo points ^^.

GL ganking :D

Zaoris
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Well,use the sin strike a lot,you'll be able to gain points for the eviscerate.
Eviscerate is the final move for me,and the deadly one.
Also,kidney shot is :top: :]

DwhyM
12-28-2006, 10:55 PM
As for now I think night elves for the alliance and undeads FOR THE HORDE ! but I must say that in about 2 weeks best rogue race will be bloody elves . AoE silece that charges your energy anyone ? :D.

xeroz
12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
As for now I think night elves for the alliance and undeads FOR THE HORDE ! but I must say that in about 2 weeks best rogue race will be bloody elves . AoE silece that charges your energy anyone ? :D.

Actualy i gotta agree with you.. Except in my opinion Nelfs are crap roguesd, though the best looking..

Ohh and btw, its about 3 weeks (:

16th of January you know ;D

Punchline
12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Gnomes.

That is all. :P

Off-Topic: w00t!! 300 posts!! :D

Zaoris
12-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Yea,I heard the undead race will get nurfed as far I heard :[
No more rogue's 1337s

Bobtherogue
01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
best race depends on ur oponent obviously. its true that Undead rogues are imba against at least 2 classes (lock n priest), cuz of fear/seduce. But vs these classes u should have a tactic that doesnt involve using ur racial traits otherwise u are truly lost. vs lock try Ambush - Vanish - CS no backstab SS or w/e and then KS with 5 points, stunned for 6 secs u have full energy u can pop 2 backstabs and a gouge, if the lock has succubus out just throw a grenade(engineering is prolly the best prof for rogue) and blind her, the lock cant do shit he/she is stunned, ofc if u have shadow reflector just use that :P. As for shadow priests, cuz holy priests are like paper, do ur stunlock but give urself a few secs from ur last stun to move away from the Psychich scream radius ( works fine for me im NE) and bam wasted a cooldown and go back in to rape the thing.

Earl_
05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
Any duelling guide that includes thistle tea is major epic fail, and this is no exception.

Sharkslayer
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I thingk +5 sward is useful
But i prefer to be a Escape Artist
Do you ?