PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Movements when recording

lordrushx1
11-01-2006, 03:29 AM
I have seen videos where the movements of characters and or the filmer have been very very fluid. How is this possible? Everytime I try and film I have to be extra gentle when moving my mouse or else it gitters.
I am trying to make a very very strong attempt at making a high end production in wow. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ragnorok161
11-01-2006, 02:16 PM
How so fluid? Like the characters don't jump 2 feet in the air randomly? And the camera doesn't jerk around? Well one thing is lag. Lag will get you everytime, so can't really help that. For the camera part I have only two things. Try try again, and Record it in small parts. So instead of doing a 2 minute scene all at once, cut it into 4 30 second scene and when those are over just switch the camera angle. Takes practice but well worth it in the end. Good luck.

Btcc22
11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Sometimes they just might be running, but another possibility is that with zooming and a bit of video positioning you could smooth out a video sequence, although that's not likely.

I'd like to know this too, and if I find out, I'll let you know.

Quazimodo
11-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Just takes alot of work to get it just perfect.. practice will take you far tho!

Shantikins
11-10-2006, 08:22 PM
hehe yeah. Can only be practice ^^

Vandalist
11-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Heres my suggestion, do what I do. GO SLOW. like,, GO VERY SLOW. You can always speed it up in editing. The slower you go, the steadier it is, and you can speed it up to look like normal speed.

Andehx
11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
its most likely some form of video effect added into the video during the editing process, like some form of motion blur. Motion blur can help alot if your video doesnt record at a solid 30fps.

Quazimodo
11-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Heres my suggestion, do what I do. GO SLOW. like,, GO VERY SLOW. You can always speed it up in editing. The slower you go, the steadier it is, and you can speed it up to look like normal speed.

That doesnt work in PVP :P

lordrushx1
11-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, I guess I should be more specific. I am not talking PVP, I am talking a in game dramatic/comedy.

stranger_faq
11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
My advice is try opening Fraps before u start to fight or do the action u want to film , so the frams will be at least 20 it works for me :)