PDA

View Full Version : Fraps makes me lag

Sweekie
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I have downloaded fraps test version.
I have tried it many times, and everytime when i put it on my fps goes to the 0-2 so it's impossible to even do anything.
I have good comp and my fps is normally something like 30-35, some ones say that it's low but well...
I have tried fraps in the different servers and well, it's as bad in the every server i have tried.
I have shared net connection, could it lag so much because of that? Or is it just that test version which lag or why it could make me lag so?

The Bum
11-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Fraps requires a very good computer to not lag. But try record in half size, maybe that helps. Else you can always try the gamecam trial, gives a better performance. Can be found at www.planetgamecam.com

Vandalist
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
First try the lowest FPS at Half Size. See if your framerates normalize.

Second, try a different version. there is a lot of the trial versions floating around the next that are different version than the current one on the website. The reason I suggest this is because the newest fraps lags the crap out of me too (and i have a great computer!), but when I found a lower version (2.7.2 to be exact), it runs great, so i bought it but got this version instead.

I don't know why it's like that, might be a codec thing, driver issue, who knows, but those are my two suggestions.

kiahann
11-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Read this post it might help out. http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=331

Sweekie
11-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Ok thanks guys :p