PDA

View Full Version : Movie Border

keVn
11-09-2006, 03:11 AM
I've seen in some movies, like the movie Security - Naxxaramas that they have borders.. does anyone know what program is used to make this and how to make it?

Thiras
11-09-2006, 05:59 AM
I havent seen that particular movie, but you can make non-animated borders in Photoshop and import them into vegas as a video clip (which you just make really really long, over the whole movie)

keVn
11-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Haha good idea! Thanks.

Quazimodo
11-09-2006, 07:41 AM
I think that it's a effect you can add in Windows Movie Maker, not sure tho.

Uzbeki
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm sure that's an effect you can add in Windows Movie Maker, not sure tho.

You are sure but not sure? :P

Btcc22
11-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Best way is to create a new image in Photoshop and match it to the resolution you've been filming in and then either using a GIF for a transparent middle area where you want to add your video, or better yet to use chroma keyer to remove the colour (bright green is a favourite ;)).

Make sure it's always the top video track when using it in Vegas. :)

kiahann
11-10-2006, 03:58 AM
You can't do that in windows movie maker..sadly worked with that for hours pulled my hair out with it looked at pretty much everything pretty sure you can't:(

keVn
11-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Haha, I got it to work guys thanks for your advice.
Haha I have another question, how do I slow down my credit text scroll? I've been looking in the help file and exploring for hours... and I can't seem to find anything =[

Btcc22
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
What I do for credits is create an image in Photoshop with the same width as the movie, but with enough height to add all the credits I want to.

I then import it and have it moving up over a set amount of time so...
1) You can control the speed perfectly.
2) Because you've done them in Photoshop, they can look a lot nicer.

Hope that helps.

Quazimodo
11-10-2006, 04:25 PM
You are sure but not sure? :P

Damn, I got busted by the typo police :P

Ragnorok161
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Borders are nice but I feel that they take away from the movie unless they really go with it.

keVn
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
What I do for credits is create an image in Photoshop with the same width as the movie, but with enough height to add all the credits I want to.

I then import it and have it moving up over a set amount of time so...
1) You can control the speed perfectly.
2) Because you've done them in Photoshop, they can look a lot nicer.

Hope that helps.

Haha, that sounds cool.. but I'm too lazy to do it =[... I mean I don't know how to make it go up and down slowly =D

Borders are nice but I feel that they take away from the movie unless they really go with it.

Haha, its looks cool if the movie is cool =]

Shantikins
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
hehe, man I like ya keVn :D Haha! ;)

And now I really wanna see your movie if its so cool, hihi ^^

Ragnorok161
11-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Well it has to be cool if the movie is cool! A bad border will make he movie bad even if the content is grade A+++++++

keVn
11-10-2006, 10:11 PM
hehe, man I like ya keVn :D Haha! ;)

And now I really wanna see your movie if its so cool, hihi ^^

Haha thanks =], its just a guild movie so I wouldn't expect alot from it =\

Well it has to be cool if the movie is cool! A bad border will make he movie bad even if the content is grade A+++++++

You do have a point... but my border rocks.