PDA

View Full Version : The Winners of Top Skilled '07!

Uzbeki
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
<p>Ladies and gentlemen.<br />After one month and three rounds of voting we here at WarcraftMovies.com finally can bring forth our Top Skilled '07.<br /><br />Out of more than 60 competitors we bring you the top five most skilled PvPers in '07.<br />And the Top Skilled '07 are in order:<br /><br /><strong>1st place </strong>- $300 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate - <a href="pv.php?l=Vurtne" title="Vurtne">Vurtne</a> <br /><strong>2nd place</strong> - $150 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate - <a href="pv.php?l=acrono01" title="Acrono">Acrono</a><br /><strong>3rd place</strong> - $50 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate - <a href="pv.php?l=Neilyo" title="Neilyo">Neilyo</a><br /><strong>4th place</strong> - $50 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate - <a href="viewauthor.php?id=551" title="Drakedog">Drakedog</a><br /><strong>5th place</strong> - $50 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate - <a href="viewauthor.php?id=13804" title="Saru &amp; Tharbar">Saru &amp; Tharbar</a><br />Congratulations to all of you!<br /><br />We also randomly picked five users who voted in our Voters Lottery to win a $50 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificate each!<br />The winners of $50 <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a> gift certificates are:<br /><br />Animalistic<br />mareti<br />ericd612<br />Acceptable<br />Darroth<br />Congratulations to you aswell!<br /><br />This was the end of the Top Skilled '07 here at WarcraftMovies.com sponsored by <a href="www.jinx.com" target="_blank" title="J!nx">J!nx</a>.com<br />We would like to thank all of you who competed and to all of you voters. And of course the winners!<br /><br />Stay tuned for future <a href="contest.php" title="contests">contests</a>!</p><br><br><b>Read the full version of this news item on <a href="http://www.warcraftmovies.com/main.php#993">WarcraftMovies.com</a></b>

entsyymi
03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Grats for Vurtne, the best man... I mean corpse won ;)

klntostskog
03-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Vurtne 4 president! GZ man!

askolo
03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I knew it :>

Frnda
03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I knew it :>

who didnt : D

KoTowaty
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Vurtne FTW!

wagnard
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
well deserved

Yeyyo
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
gratz

lalax
03-04-2008, 05:13 PM
vurtne is a legent ;)

Varenthin
03-04-2008, 05:34 PM
gz Vurtne!

kcareface
03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Grats Vurtne!
They spelled Tharbad's name wrong..
Tharbar lol xD

Furiae
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Congratulations, dark bog. <3

Zaxoin
03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
What is there to say? Vurtne is, and most likely will forever be considered, the most skillful mage there has ever, and will ever, be. He totally ruled in the 60's, and kicked ass only as lvl 66 in TBC.

Nobody deserves this more then him, that is clear. He had my vote everytime, and he will get it anytime.

A legend, and the greatest mage ever, must have 1st place. Gratz on it Vurtne, and the rest of the winners who managed to actually compete with this legend of a mage.

dabasti
03-04-2008, 08:10 PM
vutuneeeeeeeeeeeeee yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh <33333333333333333333333

uae33
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
What is there to say? Vurtne is, and most likely will forever be considered, the most skillful mage there has ever, and will ever, be. He totally ruled in the 60's, and kicked ass only as lvl 66 in TBC.

Nobody deserves this more then him, that is clear. He had my vote everytime, and he will get it anytime.

A legend, and the greatest mage ever, must have 1st place. Gratz on it Vurtne, and the rest of the winners who managed to actually compete with this legend of a mage.

Fanboi, i too and also lots of others did vote for vurtne, but cmon how old are you 12 ?

ontopic gz vurtne, hope ur next video to be actually good and not a slap to the face.

Morinar
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Fanboi, i too and also lots of others did vote for vurtne, but cmon how old are you 12 ?

ontopic gz vurtne, hope ur next video to be actually good and not a slap to the face.

Please, he's at least twice as literate as you are. Anyway.

I'm surprised that Saru & Tharbad came in fifth; I thought they would at least beat out Drakedog. I mean, don't get me wrong, Drakedog is pretty sweet, but I dunno about being better than them. Then, of course, I always knew (or at least hoped) that Vurtne would win, but it was still a pleasant surprise to see his name up there over "Top Skilled '07" when I checked this morning. Well deserved, to be sure. Can't wait for Vurtne 5.

Kanbei
03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Gz Vurtne! but drakedog is too winner. rogues 2 and 3 st? wtf? it's so hard play with destro lock and with a rogue? stun + stun + blink + vanish + shadowsteep....... Drakedog rlz too he is for me the winner of top skilleds 07 (vurtne & drakedog) Learn to play rogues

Karppa
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I voted for Drakedog. But certainly a skilled person won this atleast. I Prefer Vurtne over Neilyo or Acrono anyday. imo they shouldn't be even on top 5. But it's not decision for me to make..

Gz Vurtne anyways.

Zaxoin
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Please, he's at least twice as literate as you are. Anyway.

I'm surprised that Saru & Tharbad came in fifth; I thought they would at least beat out Drakedog.

Allright, first of all, thank you for the comment to the geek calling me 12 years old...

Second, one of the reasons that I think Saru and Tharbad came in as 5th was that they were new. The first video of theirs was a great hit, but they were up against people who has made several pvp videos, and some that have great experience in making these movies.
Don't get me wrong, Saru and Tharbad are some of the future mages that is going to hit high amongst the videos, if they keep up the skill level. In time, they will get good at making movies, and most likely get higher ranked next time :) But the reason, as I see it to they didn't get higher, is that it was their first movie, while the rest had made around 5-10. Still, it's amazing how good this team is.

LAINTIMEFTW
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
where is laintime .............

Nasaron
03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Saru stopped playing his mage and plays a warlock named Xaru now, playing 2vs2 still with Tharbad afaik.

Baizee
03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Saru stopped playing his mage and plays now a warlock named Xaru, playing 2vs2 still with Tharbad afaik.
no he sold his account on ebay

Tyruss
03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
no he sold his account on ebay

You cannot sell virtual property on eBay anymore.

Nasaron
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM

"right"

motte2win
03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
You've got my star since the first vote, you deserve your first place

Subtex
03-06-2008, 07:59 AM
This competition sucks TBH, I don't even like neilyo that much but the fact that he didn't win is just retarded. Vurtne hasn't done anything since the BC talents came out, as much as I love vurtne's video it isn't relevant to wow today. I just think its stupid that arguably the best rogue on WCM doesn't win this competition and gets beat out by a guy who hasn't shown us anything recently. Honestly, there's a lot of AMAZING players that didn't make it to the final round that are a lot more deserving, and have brought a lot more to the WCM community this year. Chrille, Deep, Noxn, Xantim . . . why don't they get the appreciation they deserve. Instead all you raving fanboys voted for an outdated mage video. I love all Vurtne's videos as well and I do think he's the most skilled mage to ever make a video, but he's to outdated to win a competition about the most skilled pvpers of 07.

Sorry for the rant but I think its really dumb that people voted for an outdated mage, and an extremely repetitive warlock.

hogelsdaddy
03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
neilyo is a much better player with much higher ratings and skills...he could just pwn some green noobs 2 to become most skilled...but he is skilled...so he shows only high quality arena against good players....not from lvl 60-66...pfffff vurtne didnīt diserve it...acrono is much better 2..drakedog aswell

motte2win
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Vurtne did killed green geared noobs while he was himself green geared, Drakedog also kills green geared noobs while wearing epix, Neilyo just shows what he wants to, he didnt show that 12-2 series for Serennia and so on.

A great competition is where a few aware guys decide who's gonna win, this was like reality TV, its all about having fans.

Kanbei
03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Drakedog also kills green geared noobs while wearing epix.

Omg! are you sure? i see in drakedog videos ppl with epix and enchants like mangoose... Play with destro lock vs this people and tell us if its easy.

devark
03-06-2008, 07:07 PM
well deserved!

Subtex
03-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Vurtne did not deserve to win, he's good but his videos are too old. If Vurtne 5 had come out before this competition then i would be fine with him winning but it didn't.

Drakedog is nothing special anymore, his most recent video doesn't show anything new. He was the first warlock to show us all the tricks that everyone uses now. There's much better warlocks than Drakedog now. He also doesn't belong at the top.

I like Acrono and he does make better movies than neilyo but there's no doubt in my mind that Neilyo is the better player.

motte2win obviously your english isn't very good but if you think neilyo not showing his fights vs serenia makes him a bad movie maker or something your a fucking idiot. I'll explain it for you if you really don't get it.

In my opinion, any of the following would've made more sense for the top spots: Chrille, Agramon, Cherekee

Aksus
03-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Acrono and Neilyo should have been 1st and 2nd, old mage video is old.

Subtex
03-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Acrono and Neilyo should have been 1st and 2nd, old mage video is old.

FINALLY somebody isn't such a damn vurtne fanboy that they can't see how dumb it is that Vurtne wins this competition

Konraxhatred
03-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Neilyo went down hill guys. Vurtne is.. really rare of a mage. Its not about how many videos you can make. Its how you play and the play style. Vurtne took on how many people? 4 maybe 5 and won? Neily hasn't shown that nor does he makes us go "OH MY GOD WOW, LOOK WHAT HE DID!? HOW DID HE DO THAT?!" in any of his movies while Vurtne makes us wonder.

Viscous99
03-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I think the competition was called Top Skilled in 2007.. So saying vurtne's movies are out dated is beyond the point.

Hilus
03-09-2008, 06:10 PM
How a high demonstration of skills could ever be "out dated"? The amazing feats and contributions of guys such as Vurtne (and some others, of course), who not only show his skills, but also stimulate players of every class all over WoW to develop their abilities and try to perform better and better, cannot be diminished. We are talking here about players that transcend the game and become legends, Vurtne at the head. Not many could do that. Talent can never be out dated.

Gratz to all winners, they teach us a lot!

Subtex
03-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Vurtne's movies are about entertainment, and they do that very well. Vurtne is no doubt an amazing mage. killing 4 people that can't find their pvp trinkets is impressive and fun to watch, but not worthy of TOP SKILLED. If you think that footage of a lvl 66 mage is the epitome of skill in wow today then I can't respect your opinion.

Hilus
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Vurtne's movies are about entertainment, and they do that very well. Vurtne is no doubt an amazing mage. killing 4 people that can't find their pvp trinkets is impressive and fun to watch, but not worthy of TOP SKILLED. If you think that footage of a lvl 66 mage is the epitome of skill in wow today then I can't respect your opinion.

Well, you obviously missed this: "guys such as Vurtne (and some others"... "We are talking here about players"..."Gratz to all winners, they teach us a lot!"...

And you also missed the main point, that there are players (like Vurtne, yes,lol) who become, due to a combination of several factors, "more than a player", and impact and influence and stimulates the WoW community.

"If you think that footage of a lvl 66 mage is the epitome of skill in wow"...no, this are your words, not mine.

Baizee
03-10-2008, 02:35 PM
in Germany you can.

biotoxin
03-11-2008, 03:19 AM
gameking wasnt even in the list, what a joke. Whoever organized that joke of an event was retarded.

Hilus
03-11-2008, 06:39 AM
gameking wasnt even in the list, what a joke. Whoever organized that joke of an event was retarded.

I didn't know this chinese mage. I read your comment and looked for him here in WCM...he's really amazing! You are so right, why he wasn't in the list? some kind of specific criteria? who knows...anyway the thing is he's really remarkable, thanks a lot for the tip!

hogelsdaddy
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
vurtne should make a lvl 70 movie wher all the clases have their talents...i could also show you fights with my paladin.lvl 58....but that would be another category not,,top skilled 07"...

Piccolo_Kargath
03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Saru & Tharbad > Vurtne

They show how the situation is right now and how to play a mage PERFECT . How they play together and their communication is just hilarious.

Fucking Online Fame. That's a fact !

hogelsdaddy
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
man those who like vurtne are just some noob who just dont recognize the real skill....i thin 99%of the noobs who voted vurtne are 19/29 pvp players who never reached lvl 70..man really neilyo is almost a perfect player and why should he show looses?He always sais 10 fights/3wins for me 7for him/etc...serennia is a random overpowered warrior playing rogue ganking noob....everybody in WOW knows how hard it is to beat a same geared warrior as a rogue...man this isnt skill contest but a kiddie noob contest....peace out hte haters...and lovers mail me at [email protected] haters can lick my balls acrono/neilyo 4 life

dhrvus
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
wow!!!!!!