PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Tier 4

EternalDarkness
11-11-2006, 12:20 AM
well im on a free Burning crusade server. and i was wondring how Fanatik got the tier 4 armor. and how he was able to ware it at such a low lvl. please help me i too would like to get the tier 4 armor. any one know how?:D

Clashez
11-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Chances are he used a skin that replaces the current model you choose to the one you want, ive used to make my hunters ranged weapons turn into chickens and all NE female into Blood elfs.

Um im not sure how you can obtain a T4 model though, most items, equipment etc is already placed in the game without us knowing, for example a long time ago when Ashbringer was just a "myth", if you looked into your .mpq files you would see that in weapons it was actually there but not skinned so it was a white model of corrupted ashbringer, or so it looked anyway =p

From what ive had to do, you need a program that will open the massive 1gb+ file .mpq which windows itself does not know how to open. I'll try get you some more information but for the time being play around =]

and you shouldnt call it hacked you might get people in trouble =p heh

Clashez
11-11-2006, 12:41 AM
FYI, model changes you cannot be banned for anymore, in the beginning Blizzard stated that they did not want tampering with their data files. But it is physically impossible to see what you see on your screen. What you change on your computer stays on your computer and ONLY YOU can see it.

In a update i got word from a GM a couple of months ago that you cannot get banned for using model changes and its not something that they can stop people from doing. Although changing the data files to do stupid things like goto GM Island can be tracked. (It shows up when you /who,charters etc)

EternalDarkness
11-11-2006, 12:51 AM
so all i have to do is open the main .mpq file find the gear that i have on now, then find the epic armor and switch the names? and yah idk what to use to open that file. if Fanatik would be so kind as to give me a link to his edited .mpq file i would be very happy XD

kiahann
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
After Investigated this Issue IT IS allowed to change Models but you can only Change models of YOUR character any Discussion other then changing models of your character Will result in a Warning/ban this post is now Unlocked.

Ragnorok161
11-12-2006, 07:25 PM
It should stay locked... He is on a illegal private server.

kiahann
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't prove he is.

Punchline
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
>.<

The first controversial thread on MMORPGForum.net!! w00t!! I think we should have a celebreation.

kiahann
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
There's ben more...just didn't have this much trouble decideing locked?? or nolock??

But the EULA says you CAN change models of YOUR char so it's legal.

Flynt
11-13-2006, 11:00 AM
The EULA if I am not mistaken, was changed to reflect that the model changing can only take place if an advantage is not gained,

IE making a campfire model swapped with the dark portal, in which case you can walk up anything.

---------------------

As far as tier 4,

You need to get ahold of the itemlist.csv from a program that can read the MPQ files of world of warcraft.

from that itemlist.csv you need to find the name of the tier set and the number associated with it.

due to the new MPQ file system they released with 2.0, you will need to change the number sequeance (sp), blizzard changed the MPQ's to not include a name table anymore, instead it is all # based.

IE: 1,0,1,0,1,1,1,0,1 = Red Defias Mask
so if you changed that to:
1,1,0,1,1,0,1,3,1 = Red Defias Mask

when you loot Red Defias Mask, you would actually get Prophecy Helm.

Understand?

raamoz
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
He is on a illegal private server.
illegal private server? first of all. it isnt illegal to have one, as long as you have a official account too.
and second is, you can download TBC alpha and download a emulated server for that. then you can add the items because you are a GM on that server, because its your own. i cant even see anything illegal in this.
this is what i think at least. i've read all this in a blizzard mail.
i do all this cind of stuff, i know a lot of these private servers, at least how to set them up and so on. i know also a little about bots and hacks but i dont use them. and i can model change allmost everything. this doesnt even take 10 minutes to do. im just getting tired of people saying: ''model editing is illegal''
and ''its illegal to have a private server'' do you guys actually knowing what you are saying? i have sent a mail to blizzard. they said: model editing is OK as long as you dont have any unfair advantage in PvP or PvE with it. and private servers are also OK as long as you have a official blizzard account.
delete this reply if it is neccesary. i just want you people to know that its not illegal, only hacking.
-raamoz

Clashez
11-14-2006, 11:19 AM
illegal private server? first of all. it isnt illegal to have one, as long as you have a official account too.
and second is, you can download TBC alpha and download a emulated server for that. then you can add the items because you are a GM on that server, because its your own. i cant even see anything illegal in this.
i do all this cind of stuff, i know a lot of these private servers, at least how to set them up and so on. i know also a little about bots and hacks but i dont use them. and i can model change allmost everything. this doesnt even take 10 minutes to do. im just getting tired of people saying: ''model editing is illegal''
and ''its illegal to have a private server'' do you guys actually knowing what you are saying? i have sent a mail to blizzard. they said: model editing is OK as long as you dont have any unfair advantage in PvP or PvE with it. and private servers are also OK as long as you have a official blizzard account.
delete this reply if it is neccesary. i just want you people to know that its not illegal, only hacking.
-raamoz

amen =]

sourdude
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
they really cant ban him, he is on a server that they cant control, and possibly he isnt paying either

sourdude
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
-raamoz

another amen from me too