PDA

View Full Version : How to increase my download speed?

Vengyr_13391
04-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Streams are great, but there comes a time where it just isn't enough, and you'd like to watch the movie in all it's glory.

Unfortunately, my current D/L speed is about 50 KB/s, which is frustratingly slow, and downloading big files like 500 MB + takes upwards of 2 hours, sometimes more.

Does anyone know any tips to increase my speed? I would really appreciate it.

Valamir
04-23-2008, 07:22 PM
What type of connection do you have to the internet. Just from the sound of it you might have DSL. In the case of slow download speeds I truly think using our Torrent feature is best because you can let it run and resume it when ever and however you want. It certainly is the most flexible.

Vengyr_13391
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes I do believe I have DSL. I tried the torrent and it's about the same speed, but I guess it builds up over time from the seeds? Just my guess.

Valamir
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I feel there is no "legal" method of increasing the speeds unless you upgrade to a better internet package from your provider or switch to something better like Cable (if that's available in Canada). The Torrent will just allow you to resume the download at any given point which will most likely be the best possible way to get the files in your case.

Vengyr_13391
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Well thank you very much!