PDA

View Full Version : Unbroken - the movie (7 characters)

Fireboltjohan
05-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Greets everyone! After having read Micky Neilson's incredible novel, Unbroken, I've decided to make a machinma based on it. For those of you who don't know it machinima are movies made inside a video game, I tend to use World of Warcraft. As for the genre it's a very dramatical story, with some nice action sequences aswell. I think it will make the audience both sad and happy while watching it.
It's about Nobundo, who's sort of a warrior priest staying behind to die for his country and his people when a huge threat of Orcs emerge. During this battle he loose his contact with the Light (sort of an equivilant to christianity) and when exposed to a putrid gas he becomes deformed and later on even banished. This movie is about his struggle, it's a story of love and war and the desire to be what you once was.

As the title says I have 7 characters that need voice actors, some big parts - some small. I am a bit picky when it comes to the acting later on (some find this annoying but most see it as a good thing when you're a director) I will push you to do your best!

Audition Deadline: 12 of May!
Send your audition to [email protected] or [email protected].

-Record in: 44100hz 16-bit Stereo MP3
-Save the lines as "charactername_yourname_linenumber.mp3" (ex: akama_mattgreenberg_01.mp3)
-Send your auditions to [email protected] or [email protected].

Characters and lines
MALES

Name: Velen
Bio: Velen is the prophet among the Draenei (which the story is about). He is very wise, and he's got something about him that makes you want to listen, atleast that's how I picture him.
Here he is: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...00px-Velen.jpg
Voice type: Since he's old and wise I think most of you can picture how his voice should be. Though I want some power behind the old, raspy voice. He's a born leader. Also Draenei have got a bit of a russian accent, but I want that toned down. Here you can hear him speak: http://media.putfile.com/an-unwise-desicion
Audition line 1: Our people call you Krokul, Broken, but I believe you may present us with our greatest hope.
Audition line 2: Now, for the good of us all, Go and embrace your destiny..and help us find ours...

Name: Herac
Bio: Herac is among those who survives the battle I wrote about earlier. He was also exposed to the gas and will therefor become one of the "Broken" later on. He and his brother Estes are really close, they're both balcksmiths (or atleast they were before the battle).
Voice type: Draenei have got a bit of a russian accent, but I want that toned down. Other than that he should sound pretty normal.
Audition line 1: Phew, that was close.
Audition line 2: What do you mean....infected?

Name: Estes
Bio: Herac's brother Estes also survived the battle and acts a lot like the older brother. Though Estes is a bit more grumpy and questioning.
Voice type: They should sound almost the same; normal with a toned down russian/middle eastern/maybe italian accent.
Audition line 1: There was an explosion. Moments later a putrid gas filtered into our hiding place

Name: Rolc
Bio: Rolc is a priest who escaped the city just before the battle with a group of draenei who didnt get affected by the gas. He's calm yet firm and is later on the one who has to banish the Broken.
Voice type: Normal with a toned down russian/middle eastern/maybe italian accent. But this fella need's the calming effect put into his voice aswell.
Audition line 1: I hear stories comming in from other refugee-camp...Sometimes I feel they are just stories, nothing more...but after today...

Name: The Element of Air
Bio: When Nobundo decides to make his way into the beatufil lands of Nagrand he is introduced to the different Elements of the world. as you can see I only need two of these since I've casted most of them.
Voice type: AIR should sound quite old and wise (sort of like Velen) but have a "whispery" feeling to his voice.
Audition line 1: Everything that is... ...is alive...

FEMALES

Name: The Element of Water
Bio: When Nobundo decides to make his way into the beatufil lands of Nagrand he is introduced to the different Elements of the world. as you can see I only need two of these since I've casted most of them.
Voice type: The element of Water should have a sweet, yet seductive voice. Very mysterious. I belive that Angelina Jolie would do this part great, if I could just get a hold of her. Audition line 1: This conflict within you rests not with the spirits of the fallen. It is a conflict that you alone must resolve.

Name: Korin
Bio: Korin is also one of the survivors of the battle. She and the main character begins sort of a touchy feely relationship, to add some love to the picture ;P. She is among the first to turn into a Broken.
Voice type: If you can picture a school girl who has to mantle a lot of responsibility and become a small leader then there you have Korin. She should have a beautiful, flowing voice and extremly small tendenses of a russian accent.
Audition line 1: Over the past months I've noticed... changes, not just in me, but in all the survivors - especially Akama...

Audition Deadline: 12 of May!
Send your audition to [email protected] or [email protected].

Anyway, it's a very promising project. It will be a lot of fun working on it - I hope you join us

-Johan Vågstedt