PDA

View Full Version : The Drakedog Live Stream

Pikkle
05-27-2008, 06:18 PM
This latest Drakedog live stream was absolutely hilarious! The man only proved that he truly is nothing more then a overbloated and egotistical average (in ever y sense of the word) player! If you haven't watched it let me fill you in.

When I joined in he was doing a premade EOTS. He had 1-2 healbots follow him around the entire time while he missed shadowfuries and generally spammed incinerate/shadowbolt on his opponents. Which for the most part where all under geared and moronic. But the best part of this match was that they lost, yes thats right they lost the match. I didn't happen to get the final score though.

After this brilliant EOTS Drakedog goes to farm some shards after getting a few and botching 1-2 he calls in a healbot to help him. This my friends is true elitism! He actually needs a healbot to farm shards? Tsk tsk "best warlock ever".

Once he had acquired a few more shards he sent the healbot away and called for his rogue friend to do some 2v2. Now this is the part of the live stream that I could not believe. Both Drakedog and his partner where in full Season 3 gear. They failed miserably. Simply as that, the teams they fought where awful and most of them still beat the legendary Drakedog. One team in particular had season 1-3 gear (couldn't really tell armor because I never got a good look at them but I do know the rogue was using either season one or two swords). Granted they did win a few but all of which where either very close or they completely dominated with massive burst.

Now I know you may be thinking "well hes destruction without a healer vs DPS/Healer teams!" This isn't going to work because Rogue/Lock teams is one of the best combos you can do. He may not be SL/SL which is proffered spec for arena and overall pvp, but this is Drakedog we are talking about. He is suppose to be the king of all warlocks and the god of pvp. We should see him dominate every opponent in his wake and be the best of the best.

Though I did come in 1 hour late and may have missed alot of redeeming features in this stream but I am basing this post on what I saw. If there was something special or important at the beginning then please do tell me and we can discuss it. Better yet if you have some kind of recording please do show it!

Fact of the matter is. He is an average player. Nothing more, no matter what you think. He is an average player.

If you want to see more of my rant on Drakedog look for DrPikkles in the Drakedog 7 comments.

Finally I know WarcraftMovies has alot to do with Drakedog and he is the genuine pig for the live stream (which btw i think is spectacular!) I am not trying to put a shot out toward Warcraftmovies. Nor am I just out to ridicule or nick pick at Drakedog (even though he does deserver a good kick in the rear). I am simply trying to show these raving zealots that there god is only human.

Knile
06-06-2008, 03:49 PM
man u need a beer!!!

Storagrym
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Drakedog has always been overrated, live with it, only because he putted hes best clips together in hes movies, he isn't a god.

Philomel
07-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Anybody who's played destro lock at 70 for more than about six minutes could tell you that Drakedog isn't even very good. His primary damage source is Searing Pain, and he doesn't chain his cooldowns and engineering consumables into anything like a viable stream of damage and control. In Drakedog 7 he rolls scrubs with 2-button spam, there are very few opponents that are anything like equally-geared. If you tried to use Drakedog's cast chain against someone who gears you equally or greater, you -might- win one in twenty fights if you get lucky with backlash procs and RNG goes your way. His videos are fun to watch though, no doubt, can't take that away from him. Best warlock? Not even close, watch Grubbstrom, he is -much- better.

Edit: "Destruction Duel-Guide by zUkUu" is quite a nice guide on destro lock cast rotations, if you think Drakedog rocks, watch real destro lock fights plz.

NorthernYSK
08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
There's a lot of flaming at drakedog ... Yeah, he isn't good, but when you just come back to a game I wouldn't expect top performance. I don't know 'loads' about him, but I enjoy the movies he puts together (with the editor). Yeh, there are better one's out there. But that's the way it is, he has been deemed 'legendary' or whatnot, and I don't mind about that. Seems a bit off to flame him just cos other people want to call him a legend, could even be jealousy. *expects to be flamed*