PDA

View Full Version : We made some movies

Sokar415
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
And they were disapproved cause of the quality...

Now can I get an explanation as to what quality we are talking about? the rendering or what the recording is off?

(we were gonna two man every instance in the game and upload a short movie of each, ofc at an appropriate lvl)

I feel unfairly treated! :(

Sokar415
06-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I mean I understand that BFD and RFK being 2 maned might not be the most interesting subject, but for fuck sake this is a site where we have stuff like "Dear Penis" and "How to Paladin" whic btw is in 1000 releases...

RopeDrink
08-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Quality can consist of a lot.

If your movie was rejected due to content, it would be claimed so in the rejection post you recieve.

Old Instance movies aren't as accepted as before and rightly so - We're in TBC, heading WotLK phase, it's not likely anyone will want to watch a solo/undermanned run of really old instances - However they do usually claim that there will be a time on WCM where old-instance movies of all types will be submitted and allowed for it's own category but for the moment it's relatively banned (Unless you've done something 'interesting' with it that seperates it from just another solo movie - A lot of people use that as a means to get easy premium as it's not that hard to do and not all that interesting to watch).

If you did NOT get that message / gist from then, then Quality can mean viewing quality.

Movies submitted are preferred to be clear and crisp (so recording at half-resolution then compressing them at higher resolutions to save file-size means a very blurry movie, which is generally unacceptable - Thats one example).

Movies of too-large a filesize are greatly disliked also, regardless of how clear the movie may be as they make for painful downloads and worse for their new stream system.

There are plenty of ways to compress a movie at decent quality and not overbearingly large in filesize so if you didn't get a message saying it was the content that was declined, not the quality, then I suggest you try recompressing your file and try again - Though you may then be declined based on content if your movie is a solo BFD / RFK (As said, it's happened to me before with lev 60 BRD solo) unless you spice it up and make it interesting.