PDA

View Full Version : How do I submit a movie?

michaelnorth
07-06-2008, 11:28 PM
I made a movie and followed all the guide lines, but I can't find any info on how to actually upload it or submit it. Can anyone answer this question?

RopeDrink
08-11-2008, 05:04 AM
If you mean on WCM...

Wether you are logged in or not, there is a big "Submit Movie" button directly on the left of the "Search" field.

Click that.

Once there, a detailed page opens up giving you additional tips on movie submittal. Read it and scroll down to the 'form' below and fill in (as accurately as possible) all the details about the file/movie you are uploading.

Like most forms, the bits with a 'start' next to them 'must' be answered, those that aren't starred can be skipped.

When you're happy with your form, press the CONTINUE TO UPLOAD button at the very bottom.

A mini page opens asking you to a) Upload the Movie and b) Upload a Picture for the movie, click the picture first (At least, I always do) and the picture upload page is brought up - Be sure your image fits the recommended resolution described on the upload bit.

Then click Upload your Movie, select the movie file from your PC and submit.

Be sure NOT to close that window while your movie is uploading and assuming you get to 100% with no issues, voila, you're uploaded.

The movie details on the form you submitted earlier can be edited afterwards if you realise any mistakes in the meantime and from there it's a matter of waiting for the mods to approve of your file.