PDA

View Full Version : How MMORPG's hurt people's lives...

Bullseyee1
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I would like to know what people think of this.. because it's not addressed to much.

I've been a WoW player and FFXI player and have played many rpgs people play these games but never really notice how harmful they can be until it's to late. I noticed how bad these games are for your health, social life, sleep and more. i believe these games are in the category of Drugs because it does the exact same thing just in a different way. it might not make you feel the way drugs make you feel but it still addicts you to the eviorment and makes you so addicted you become zombies in front of a computer or television screen for not just days but weeks and months not doing anything but playing this game trying to accomplish goals or maybe even dreams of the armor and money you want in the game. some people quit there jobs over it, some kids quit school over it.. you lose countless sleep over them trying to obtain these goals. but in reality what does it accomplish? yup that's right nothing everyone starts living in a false reality which gives them nothing in return.. your just wasting your money and time like any other drug.

what do you think?

GNorgm
10-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes it could be a drug.