PDA

View Full Version : What's the formula for calculating fame?

wuddersup
12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
1. The Godfather 100
2. jackthe7th 100
3. oxhorn 85
4. Rokannis 82
5. Downup 82
6. Ciderhelm 80
7. Stilin 75
8. pw84 75
9. Custom56 74
10. henriksj 74
11. ThePopeRope 73
12. Maėvah 71
13. felong1 63
14. iconoclastic 63
15. zonerie 63
16. UncleTom 62
17. edbad 61
18. Doffy 60
19. dysphoria 60
20. Albis 59

I found it kind of strange how there's a 15 point gap from 2nd to 3rd place. Especially since Oxhorn's movies have a more downloads and more stars (WCM awards) than Jackthe7th's. I also recently submitted a movie, and I got 1 point of fame, which I'm thinking is automatic. Is there a ratio of movie comments to fame points? I guess this is all sort of pointless but w/e I'm bored :)

Punchline
12-20-2006, 03:01 AM
Good question...

I have 50 fame... >.>

Hentai
12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
really good question. I would like to know how fame works, or whats the formula to that

Waverian
12-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't know the in-depth workings of the fame system, but reading the news comment that was put up about it may explain the anomaly between 2nd and 3rd place. The system is also supposed to measure general community activity and ratings from the user, among other things. So even if a lower ranked user has more 'popular' movies, the people above them may be more active in rating and such.

Either way, it would still be cool to know exactly what is calculated. :p

baloo
12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Waverian is correct,

the fame is calculated from how active you are on the site, not on how popular your submitted movies are.
Everything you do counts in some way

Uzbeki
12-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Waverian is on the right track :) jackthe7th has been very active in ratings and comments for a long time and has released quite many movies (with a couple of recommendations). Oxhorn can gain more points by posting ratings but he can also continue to post good quality movies (and reach 100 points faster).

The fame forumula contains over ten variables but it will remain a secret for now :)

baloo
12-27-2006, 09:15 AM
and if you're a hot blonde you gain instant fame

kiahann
12-27-2006, 02:03 PM
and if you're a hot blonde you gain instant fame

wow..that was funny...Really made me laugh.:)

Btcc22
12-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Waverian is correct,

the fame is calculated from how active you are on the site, not on how popular your submitted movies are.
Everything you do counts in some way

Even this post? ;)

Guess not as they aren't linked. :( =D

Blacktrap
01-25-2007, 05:22 AM
So I've used the search features and checked the menus to find ANY sort of official sticky or notice or FAQ about Fame and I have yet to find one. I bet this is an extremely commonly asked question and I can't find any readily accessible answer on it.

How many video downloads does it take to aquire 2 Fame? And how does the site register that you've downloaded a movie? Does it register this as soon as you click on a mirror link such as a link to go to filefront? What happens if you click a link to go to filefront but then decide not to download the file?

Basically, what is required to gain 2 fame legitimately?

Valamir
01-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Everything is dependent on activity, there is no set number. All you can do is download and upload movies you have made. I am unsure about anything else.

Blacktrap
01-25-2007, 08:56 AM
So who are the people who actually know how this stuff works?

BTW I tried sending you a reply to your PM, Valamir, but it appears you don't accept PMs.
Basically I wanted to say, sorry for the inconvenience of me posting the message in 2 different forums. I did so BEFORE you replied to me here and I wanted it to get noticed. I am new to these forums, wasn't sure how active they were and how fast they get replied to. I wasn't sure which forum would be better to post in so I posted in both areas. Again, sorry for the inconvenience - won't happen again.

A followup question I have is:
You can gain more by watching movies. What do they define as watching movies? Is this only defined soley as clicking on the WCM live streaming option if that option is available or does it also include downloading the movie from any of the other mirrors such as filefront?

I'd like to rate and comment on some of the 50 or so movies I have downloaded recently (some were before I had created and finished activating my account. I think these measures they're taking are a little over the top.