PDA

View Full Version : Mouse clickers

Gebbatron
12-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Ok. i recently released a PvP video, and im getting these comments from people saying, "Mouse clicker in action" "BLah blah blah Mouse clicker".

What is so bad about mouse clicking. I mean, when your waiting for a skill to finish cooling down, and half the time when you click the button once, the skill doesnt execute, it is nearly impossible to not click the skill repeatedly until it is executed.

Why are people hatin on mouse clickers? because it looks bad in a movie? id rather make sure my skill is performed than lose a fight... it just makes no sense...

opinions?

Falsorm
12-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Mostly it's because you can maneuver and react much faster if all your more common skills are keybinded. When you have to move your mouse cursor from skill to skill it takes much longer than moving your finger from 'f' to '1' or 't' to 'e'.

Hentai
12-20-2006, 12:51 PM
it looks bad in a movie, and its faster to have all keyboard binded =P

The Bum
12-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Its not always faster. Because of global cooldowns its almost the same speed with keybingdings and mouse.. But its annoying to watch a movie with the mouse moving all the time.

Cryssy
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I've seen a mouseclicker movie 1 time, it was a hunter.
I can't stand to watch it seriously, I automaticly watch him click all buttons instead of watching the screen and see what happens at the fight.
It's so annoying to watch and I hate it.
I myself have everything binded, with my warlock I have 24 keys binded.
I only click a couple of things, but almost all abilities that I use in pvp is binded.

kiahann
12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
If you get these kind of remarks Please Report them.

Valamir
12-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not a fan of mouse clickers either, the basic concept behind those comments is you are actually taking your focus away from what the real issue is. You have to see what you are doing, I use the number keys for most of my stuff, I am 500% faster than any mouse clicker because I don't have to search for the one I want and I keep my focus on the matter at hand at the same time, everything moves much faster especially when you are in a tight situation. I have sat down and watched a lot of mouse clickers, some of the common things they do are, click and drag what they wanted to cast and have completely lost the spell from the screen, they take too long to find what they need even if they use the same thing over and over, they take the focus away from the screen. I just don't see how it helps, all I see is a problem that can happen and 99% of the time you will never run into something like that with key-bindings. This is my opinion and I am sure there are more that feel the same.

Zaoris
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Well,I personally passed the mouse-clicking stage.
I got used pressing the buttons,so no more mouse-clicking.Not sure it's something bad as being a player,it's just bad for the mouse :P

Valamir
12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with mouse-clicking in general, it is just it takes much longer to do it. There are some things you absolutely have to use a mouse for though. I am forgiving for things like that.

kiahann
12-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Same I still mouse Click... I personally don't see anything wrong with it.

DwhyM
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Lowrating for mouse clicking is like lowrating for class race or faction.

Falsorm
12-21-2006, 08:37 AM
I dunno, I can imagine taking off a point for content if there was excessive mouse-clicking.

evilsnail
12-25-2006, 04:48 AM
I lower my ratings for mouse clickers.

Their movie may be good, but by clicking they are hurting themselves. Using your mouse to click makes it so you can use your mouse to pan your camera around. Having your abilities binded can make things much faster and always having the camera at your control makes it tons easier to get into certain positions to use certain move, get out of LOS, etc, etc.

I used to be a clicker myself up until lvl 55 about, then I started using key bindings and Ive been much more successful in PvP.

DwhyM
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I lower my ratings for mouse clickers.
And that is a mistake. You downrate movie even if it is good Their movie may be good, but by clicking they are hurting themselves. claiming that only your playstyle is best option and should be used Having your abilities binded can make things much faster and always having the camera at your control makes it tons easier to get into certain positions to use certain move, get out of LOS, etc, etc. It is easier for you and it doesnt mean that it is like that for everyone. WoW mechanics gives "mouseclickers" same chances as "keybind-pro-gamerz" have beacause of global cooldown so what is the point of using 3 keybinds in a same moment if you can use only one ability at the same time and only one every 1 or 1.5 sec and if you want to use some combo you can always create macro and bind it to one button. You have 40 buttons and cant hit the right one in the right time with you cursor ? If you do use keybindings but if someone manages to do it and does it fine why downrate him ? For me people can play by using touch pad and their feets as long as they do it good Ill give them high ratting. I personally prefer to use keyboard and I hardly ever use mouse at all (only in trades/looting etc and using camera for moonwalikng :D ) but it doesnt mean everybody have to do that and it is only way to be good.

evilsnail
12-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I didnt say that you had to use the binding or you are a bad player did I? NO, i said that you could get more done if you where to use the key bindings. yes, it is an oppinon, but be that as it may. if you watch any of the movies of the :good: plaerz, then you will see that key bindin can help you a lot. It just my rating rubric.

Waverian
12-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Ok. i recently released a PvP video, and im getting these comments from people saying, "Mouse clicker in action" "BLah blah blah Mouse clicker".

What is so bad about mouse clicking. I mean, when your waiting for a skill to finish cooling down, and half the time when you click the button once, the skill doesnt execute, it is nearly impossible to not click the skill repeatedly until it is executed.

Why are people hatin on mouse clickers? because it looks bad in a movie? id rather make sure my skill is performed than lose a fight... it just makes no sense...

opinions?

I don't condone those comments on a movie, but mouse clicking does perform less effectively than keybindings. It's not so much about reaction time and accuracy, but it's about character control. If you're clicking, you can't use mouselook, and if you don't use mouselook you only turn at half the speed of someone using it. Meaning in PvP, if somebody is jousting or strafing around you, you'll get in less attacks.

If you're a ranged class, it's virtually impossible to effectively kite because you can't do a jump + spin and cast reliably. You're also less likely to be able to evade attacks- If you keyboard turn you're more susceptible to facing requirement attacks like Backstab, Mutilate, Shred, and Gouge. Mouselook allows you to turn much faster and make it more difficult for your opponent to land those spells.

evilsnail
12-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I don't condone those comments on a movie, but mouse clicking does perform less effectively than keybindings. It's not so much about reaction time and accuracy, but it's about character control. If you're clicking, you can't use mouselook, and if you don't use mouselook you only turn at half the speed of someone using it. Meaning in PvP, if somebody is jousting or strafing around you, you'll get in less attacks.

If you're a ranged class, it's virtually impossible to effectively kite because you can't do a jump + spin and cast reliably. You're also less likely to be able to evade attacks- If you keyboard turn you're more susceptible to facing requirement attacks like Backstab, Mutilate, Shred, and Gouge. Mouselook allows you to turn much faster and make it more difficult for your opponent to land those spells.

Q.F.T.

superram
01-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Mouseclickers are worse than the rest players in general, if you can mouseclick and fully control your character at the same time then there's no problem. But as far there is not such a player, at least in those i have seen so far. It just decreases the points you get from content, people rating because of "mouse clicking" are actually rating the content low due to what they see; not being able to control the character good enough. So they are not rating it because you mouseclick but rating your content in the movie low which was a result of your mouse clicking. But yes you cannot just rate 1.0 due to mouse clicking, that'd be dumb.

DwhyM
01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
So they are not rating it because you mouseclick but rating your content in the movie low which was a result of your mouse clicking.

They should do that but most people just say "MUOSECLICCK00RRoTfL LAWL 1.0 !"

Razael
01-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Efficiency and reaction time. Bind everything, watching the opponent and the area around you helps much more that watching where you click on your interface. You would be suprised how much you can benefit from being completely aware of your surroundings and what is happening. Suggestion, try it, you may like it. If not, use your damn mouse, I would happily slay you with my greatsword. =D

Blacktrap
01-27-2007, 05:34 AM
My first MMORPG was DAOC. We'd be running around in the frontiers (PVP areas) in groups of 8, avoiding the zerg, taking on other groups of 8 or 16.
You needed to be constantly panning around to check for incoming. THAT is what the mouse is for - being aware of your environment.
Once you get into a skirmish, you use the keyboard to do all your fighting.
Mouse = camera controls
Keyboard = spells/abilities.

Let me give you an analogy.
When you first learn to drive a manual car (I think they call it "stick shift" in America) you often look at the gear stick when you're changing gears. This takes your eyes off what is really important - the road.
Once you learn a little more, you can automatically change gears without thinking about it and without looking at the gearstick.
Mouse clickers are like learner drivers. They're doing themselves a disservice by focusing their attention on the buttons they click rather than on the important things like their surroundings and what is happening in the battles.
People who use keybindings for their spells and abilities and the mouse to look around and be aware of their environment are like more experienced drivers. They use their abilities without having to think about them or look at them while maintaining their focus on the important things.

godliest
02-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't mouse click, but I don't see the point why ppl down rate it. Mouse clickers usually keeps their mouse down so u don't have to see it go around all around the screen.

evilsnail
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't mouse click, but I don't see the point why ppl down rate it. Mouse clickers usually keeps their mouse down so u don't have to see it go around all around the screen.

Then you see the annoying tooltip on the side of the screen. Unless they have a modified UI.

godliest
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm not that disturbed of it, and the most persons have a modified UI nowadays.

Silentium
02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
i'd like to know how MUCH you all click? i'm like,in a bunch of videos i dont even see 1 scene with mouse ... not even capturing the flag in wsg :o how much keybindings do you all have got? how do you manage it? ctrl + <insert random key>? do you use buttons far away from w a s d like P or sth?

godliest
02-12-2007, 06:37 AM
shift+most keys that can be reached with left hand. Ctrl+number and some keys that can be clicked with left hand. I have all my skills bound to different keybindings. I hate to click with the mouse.

Terwilliger
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Mouse clicking just annoys me in a movie. In the game, i dont care who does it as long as they do their job good.

I personally thing its stupid because you can click your skills plus use your mouse to move/camera. So you have to use WASD to do all your turning and stuff, which means you cant turn around quickly for certain things.

Vedo
03-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I actually mousklick 2 things, trinket + avenging wrath... So ppl can see in the movies what I'm using... I don't like it when ppl "hide" it by making macros... It's sad, rly sad... :P

Krez
04-03-2007, 04:38 AM
Binding EVERYTHING isn't really necessary imo. Clutch instants, like counterspell, blessing of sacrifice/freedom, kick, etc. have to be bound though.

Some classes just have too many abilities to effectively bind everything to things that are feasibly reachable.

Either way, if you end up clicking some or most of your abilities, disable tooltips completely, downsize your buttons and group them into a small, tight area. I haven't ever found a mod that lets you change the cursor or else I'd just get a smaller version of the regular cursor so it doesn't stand out either.

Good luck.

kiahann
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
That's why if you record with fraps you can just check "No Curser" then they can't see it at all.

godliest
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
No cursor*

And yes, it's very good to have that option on when recording a PvP movie, it looks kind of dumb when the mouse just suddenly pops up.

Krez
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
That's why if you record with fraps you can just check "No Curser" then they can't see it at all.

ilu .

Huffer
05-02-2007, 07:51 AM
I personally dont use the mouse to click much at all for abilities, but I've seen enough videos of people clicking that would probably own me. I'm not sure if there is a "correct" way to play or a "more skilled" version of popping your abilities as long as they get triggered before your opponent you will win. But then again it's hard to tell if you've just been wasted by a clicker.

Paladium
05-07-2007, 05:09 AM
personally...i dont care about mouse clickers. I don't think it's annoying either, whatever makes you PvP better then i think you should do it but i use key bindings which let me strafe around enemies better while using moves even easier (considering i have about 4 fingers instead of one on the mouse)

AkA-NiGhTeLf
09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I've seen a mouseclicker movie 1 time, it was a hunter.
I can't stand to watch it seriously, I automaticly watch him click all buttons instead of watching the screen and see what happens at the fight.
It's so annoying to watch and I hate it.
I myself have everything binded, with my warlock I have 24 keys binded.
I only click a couple of things, but almost all abilities that I use in pvp is binded.

A WARLOCK WITH KEYBINDINGS LAWL, like its not already in this order: 1,2,3,4,5, wait 20 seconds, 1,2,3,4,5, skillcoil? is that rite?

Buldren
10-19-2007, 02:06 AM
i honestly cant thing of any thing that you need to click... i play druid (most keys of any class) and i have everything binded. As its been said - why waste time moving about the screen with your mouse? You risk hitting the wrong button and also you look like a douche in videos. When i see a clicker i automatically think "n00b" because if your a good PVP'er its all about reaction time and you get substantially gimped when you click.

bindings ftw

Druz
11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I try to use keybinidings, but some things i still click. like drink/eat, cold snap, scorch and some other minors.
I try to get rid of the habit, but i often have the problem of missing the button, don't got too big hands :P

And i think the main reason for people disliking it is that the mouse flying over the screen gets in the way of you and the enemy.

Pamis
11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I was a mouse clicker a long time ago, lemme tell you as a warrior its actually really important. When you do a quick spin rotation with your mouse then press intercept at the same time, u get off the intercept much quicker. Others moves help too with it

Gulley
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Ive played for over 3 years...started out clicking, binded for a while and found out that, like someone said, with Gcd's it makes binds/clicking equal,BUT IF! you are able to control the fight such as LOS, Camera, Counter attacks. Having experience and knowing where your buttons are a big part, but def if your not able to control all this at once, then keybind or click whatever is best for your play style, is better.