PDA

View Full Version : Decimator V2 - Lilos goes PvP!

Uzbeki
12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
<p>Decimator V2 puts you again in the sabatons of Lilos, a Gnome Fury Warrior with absolute state of the art Damage gear.<br /> <br />Decimator V2 is really all about the experience and has been realesed in cooperation with Yannis Ziakas.<br /><br />Yannis worked for The Creative Assembly / SEGA over the past months and is the owner of Zombie Entertainment Limited [Http://www.ZombieEntertainment.com] known as the maker of <a href="movieview.php?id=19313" target="_blank" title="Nihilum of AQ">Nihilum of AQ</a>. I guess it would be safe to say that the video editing is really professional this time.</p><p>Special thanks goes to Pathologist for providing his really cool Decimation track, the first track in the movie.</p><p>Decimator V2 is a small preview of the still to come quality movies from Decimation's media by Yannis Ziakas &amp; ZE.<br /><br /> It is highly recommended to download the High Quality version of this movie since the movie has so many effects that can't be experienced very well when watching livestream.<br /> <br /> Download the movie <a href="http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=33474" title="DV2">here</a>!<br /> </p><br><br><b>Read the full version of this news item on <a href="http://www.warcraftmovies.com/main.php#293">WarcraftMovies.com</a></b>

Dead_Masters
12-22-2006, 05:25 PM
The Damage is Crap, the Music is Crap, the Quality is to Good (224 mb for 6 Mins crap...) and its extremely Overedited!

Look at the comments, this vid is pure Crap!

ToR
12-22-2006, 06:01 PM
The Damage is Crap, the Music is Crap, the Quality is to Good (224 mb for 6 Mins shit...) and its extremely Overedited!

Look at the comments, this vid is pure crap!

Afraid to say I think that sums up the movie.

Raphiron
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I got no idea why you recommended this movie.
If you had watched it you would have known that all the pretty words the creators are using to describe it with aren't even close to the actual product they've created.

coolkidvs
12-23-2006, 09:57 PM
The movie is good if you want to rate purely based on editing however, if they plan to make movies like that, please refrain from releasing it or please use a different method towards editing, because it's not what the majority of the community wants.

the_Predator
12-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Sorry to say but the video didn't even deserve to be considered "Recommended" :(

Quazimodo
12-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I think the effects he put in was pretty unique, I dont know much about his damage being awsome as I havent played WoW for a good year. I've seen people go higher than 1k in pvp fights but he always stayed under 1k, maybe someone can explain the incredibility with me. He had higher damage on the first movie, but then again that was against a raid boss with less armor and tons of health. If anything this video should get recommended for nice effects.

Rothicol
12-25-2006, 12:13 AM
To all of you who says it's "crap"; did you download the HQ version as recommended. If not, do so, and try to understand how hard it is to make it this good. Thank you.

-Rothicol.

coolkidvs
12-25-2006, 01:07 AM
To all of you who says it's "crap"; did you download the HQ version as recommended. If not, do so, and try to understand how hard it is to make it this good. Thank you.

-Rothicol.

The editing was good but it was unnecessary. You're trying to impress an audience who's only downloading a PvP video to watch it for what it is, a PvP video. If anything, Decimator v2 emphasized on 75% effects, and 25% PvP.

It's like trying to put some awesome paint job design on a sports car and not focusing on the quality of the engine and horsepower. People are going to be mad if you give them a car that looks good but runs like crap. It can be related to Decimator v2.

In my opinion you should've taken some time to actually study the warcraftmovies.com community, look at some of the top PvP videos and find out what people like and don't like. I can tell you right now, the majority like content, not editing.

Quazimodo
12-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Doesnt matter what the majority wants, some wants to look at a well made video with pvp too, and just because ur not satisfied with content in his movie doesn't mean you can down vote the A/V Quality on the movie or creativity for that matter. I've seen worse movies than this recommended, in fact I kind of liked this one.

coolkidvs
12-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Doesnt matter what the majority wants, some wants to look at a well made video with pvp too, and just because ur not satisfied with content in his movie doesn't mean you can down vote the A/V Quality on the movie or creativity for that matter. I've seen worse movies than this recommended, in fact I kind of liked this one.

According to the rating Decimator v2 received, it DOES matter what the majority wants. To be quite honest, I bet a large portion of scoring Decimator v2 received was based on the A/V quality instead of content. The video is getting a 3.0 on average which quite possibly means that the 3.0 comes from high points in the Creativity and the Editing, so quit trying to make it seem like the community doesn't recognize how hard it must have been to create such a video. A well-made video =/= effects. That's the misconception many potential video-makers have, they think flashy-effects coupled with WoW Model Video viewer is the number one way to get their video high in the ratings when it honestly isn't.

I didn't bother rating the video, instead, like I do with all the videos that I don't consider very impressive, I leave a suggestion in hopes that the author takes that suggestion into account the next time they work on a video.

Quazimodo
12-25-2006, 07:31 PM
No, you got the people posting serious ratings and you got the ones giving 1 ratings pulling it down, I bet if you took away all the 1's it would have been up above 4 something.

And no, it doesnt matter what the majority thinks, the author isnt required to please everyone. He didn't choose his video to be recommended, a mod did. THat's no reason to gang down vote it.

coolkidvs
12-25-2006, 08:54 PM
No, you got the people posting serious ratings and you got the ones giving 1 ratings pulling it down, I bet if you took away all the 1's it would have been up above 4 something.

And no, it doesnt matter what the majority thinks, the author isnt required to please everyone. He didn't choose his video to be recommended, a mod did. THat's no reason to gang down vote it.

If you took away all the 1's it received, the overall rating would probably be somewhere around 3 -3.8 because even the people who are trying to provide some plausible feedback are giving it 3.0-3.5.

Also, you're right, the author isn't required to please everyone, however if the author is going to do whatever he/she wants to do then they BETTER get ready for criticism and he/she better get ready for a crudy score. A PvP video doesn't get a crap rating for no reason. If the author wants a good rating for their PvP video, they need to know what the community likes and mesh that in with they editing methods to please both themselves and the community.

The PvP movie "Kenion 2" is still well accepted as a good PvP video, and people are still giving it a generally good score because of what it is, a PvP video, it focuses on PvP and not as much on editing.
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29169

Quazimodo
12-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Please note that this movie has absolutely NOTHING to do with "Skill" as a warrior. Every single aspect of the content in this movie has been created purely to entertain the viewer. From the video description.

And it's entertaining, and no.. the majority of serious ratings are above 4. And that's what I think it deserves personally.

coolkidvs
12-26-2006, 12:52 AM
From the video description.

And it's entertaining, and no.. the majority of serious ratings are above 4. And that's what I think it deserves personally.

The only reason I watch PvP videos is for entertainment. To add to that, in my opinion, I think skill is a non-existent factor in WoW, so I never download the latest PvP video to see how "skilled" someone is with their character.

I think Decimator v2 deserves a 3.5 - a lot of it was fast paced, didn't really give enough time to truly absorb what he was trying to do. It was mostly just ganking someone - close-up on the crit - flash - next ganking - strange color overlay - close-up on the crit or killing blow - next ganking. It seemed like material made for viewing at a rave or somewhere along those lines. Again, I can only imagine the time and effort needed to create such a video and the author should be praised for attempting it, it also deserves to be recommended for those who like something different, but I think the overall rating it has now, is how it should be rated.

Svenn
12-28-2006, 11:07 AM

You could say that about any badly rated video. What's the point of ratings when people like you just ignore them and says that they're irrelevant? :\

DwhyM
12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
For me this movie if low rated for certain reasons.
1st it is just too overhyped description prepears viewer for some really outstanding experience but video itself doesnt provide it and after downloading quite big file (according to run time) you feel dissapointed.
2nd This video doesnt show any special tricks extraordinary events doesnt include funny unusuall content doesnt have story line isnt about PvE etc. Only thing that leasts is that is about PvP but as author said it isnt about most important thing in real pvp movie actually this movie has absolutely NOTHING to do with "Skill" as a warrior. so summing up this movie is about nothing wich in my opinion cant bring good ratings.
3rd despite editing was well performed I wouldnt say it was good. It was just missplaced and it seemed to me that editor know how to do things but didnt have idea what to do. From the beginning he was in nowin situation making effects for movie about nothing and while knowing nothing about the content he is working with. Synchronization is good only if you make it for each action effects and music if you synch only two of them it wont work. Flashing screen with dramatic music wont be excitment while on screen you can see guy autoattacking some random not standing a chance repetitievly loosing 50 dkp because not knowing what the f**k to do victim of unsuccessful brain surgery (Sorry for extreme example but I just wanted to get to the point and also hope it will be entertainment for some to read it).

I feel sorry for the author because it looks like he put great effort in making this movie but didnt succeed I would like also encourage him to make another movie but this time I suggest to chose subject of movie more carefully something closer to your interest maybe some story line or PvE content(If you can get all those items your guild must be really good/patient at raiding so you could do an interesting movie about it maybe even storyline PvE I didnt saw movie like this recently) anyhow you will have at least one download from me :-] .

Valamir
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
This is not a discussion about rating movies low, this is a thread designated to the Decimator video. Lets get back on topic.

Totalled
01-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I get a 404 off the link provided.

Valamir
01-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Fixed, try to click the "here" link again.

Spede82
01-08-2007, 12:28 PM
From the video description.

Seriously what makes it so entertaining? Editing? or watching how naxx/aq40 geared warrior with healer beating the crap out of undergeared players?

I can say this seriously that it wasnt entertaining. I can also seriously say that this video isnt anywere near around 4 rating and finally this video simply doesnt have anything that would make it good PvP video.

Valamir
01-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Obviously you people don't have much to say that is constructive so this topic is closed.