PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!?

Epona92
02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey there everyone

Just posting because at the minute I'm in a limbo with MMO's

Currently I play WoW, but after just over a year of playing it, and reaching level 80, I have grown tired of it.

The reason I have grown so tired of it is because it seems that WoW and a social life don't mix. In order to progress through the game I need to raid 3 times a week, which eliminates the casual element to playing. Also, the people that play WoW don't accept a casual player. I have recently quit a very good raiding guild because I was overlooked in raids (despite being a good dps) for not being able to play 3-4 nights a week for 4-5 hours at a time. In a sentence, I have too many real life commitments to commit 3-4 nights a week to a game.

So I am looking for a new MMORPG, with levelling and gearing up, new abilities/spells or whatever, that doesn't require such a hefty commitment to get better at. Also I'd like the MMO to contain alot of solo content, rather than being group based like WoW. I'm not saying I wont group up, but I despise having to commit so much time to a group of players who expect my play time to exceed 20 hours a week, just for them to get the gear and me to be left out due to not playing too much.

So, any suggestions for a new MMO that I could play? I don't mind paying for it, I'll just cancel my WoW subscription first! :lol:

Thanks for your time, and sorry my message was so long! :top: