PDA

View Full Version : Newbie advice needed

Senden
12-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone, this kind of stuff probably gets asked a lot but i'm kind of busy so forgive me for not searching. Anyway, my guild have asked me to make a movie for them and being a huge enthusiast of the movies on here, I gladly accepted.

Now I have a good idea on how I want to do it but what about video editing programs to use? I've checked out the excellent sticky but it's a general review of all products.

So first off:

What's the best one for beginners who want something fairly simple but powerful enough to let someone show their creative side?

How similar are all the movie making stuff? Like could I start with a simple one and then move onto say premier/vegas?

Would it be best to start on a simpler one or go straight for one of the more advanced ones and stomach the learning curve?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kiahann
12-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I'd say start with Windows Movie Maker if your new and when you get formiliar with editing go on to vegas.. Windows media player is free with windows and it still has some niffty things but not near as some of the paid software..

You can start small if you are not to formiliar with editng or you could start off strong with Vegas it's up to you.

There is a guide for vegas if you decide to get that program here
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=66054&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=fb06e3be2e7967c29450625b611323cf:top:

If it was me I would start off small..you don't want to get to confused before you are not even use to it.

RJZonez
01-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Erm ... did you mean Windows movie maker? because windows media player is a software where you listen to music and see films ^^

Anyway, I prefer to startoff with Widows movie maker, it's a standard probgram and the most of the windows-computors should have it installed. It's easy to learn and edit, but the "negative" thing is that it only contains a few options (It means that very much is already done for you, so that you only go pick a option) so if you are in for effects, I prefer Vegas 6.0! It's much harder but the options are unlimited!

kiahann
01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Ah my bad I mean't windows movie maker...Corrected. :D

RJZonez
01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Hehe, thought so :top:

Onlis
01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
I agree, Windows Movie Maker is definitely the easiest editing program out there, and it should work just fine for a Guild Promotional Video.
Yes, you would want to start out easy, and don't expect to start making top quality videos in a matter of minutes, it takes a while to perfect the art of movie making (and editing).

Rothicol
01-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I say, WMM didn't work for me. It's too simple, so I chose getting in fight with Sony Vegas. It went out pretty well, and I've gotten the hang of it, although I still have a lot to learn about it :) So, if you get the same experience with WMM, don't hesitate to do the same as I did.

-Rothicol

SnooX
01-06-2007, 01:06 PM
You should start with Vegas and try all the effects, combine them and play with it =) - WMM has to less option for making a stunning movie :P

btw, I also started with Vegas ^^

RJZonez
01-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, but if you're not fammiliar with ANY movie maker software I prefer to start with WMM, just to get a "Standard" touch :D

otherwise Vegas could get very confusing xD

-Good luck m8