PDA

View Full Version : Information about Planetside

Gedan
10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
After exploring through a deep space wormhole, the "Terran Republic", a highly centralised oligarchic galactic government which had unconditionaly ruled humanity for the past 1,112 years, discovered a single habitable planet...

Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
Platform: PC

Offical Website: http://planetside.station.sony.com/

Onlis
10-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Iv'e personally heard a huge amount of good things from about this game. It is worth checking out.

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Seems they got some offer up that you can play for free untill "rank 6"

Ricje
11-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Seems they got some offer up that you can play for free untill "rank 6"
That's correct. I think because they're losing customers fast.

Played closed beta. Liked it at that time and bought the game.

After a few months it got boring because there were never any good new updates with new things. Just some updates to enhancement and nerfing+buffing of certain factions.

I stopped playing after the expansion (Core Combat) came out. The reason for this was simple: After months of playing, taking the same bases day in day out. Fighting the same people from the same outfits (guilds/clans in different games) it got really boring. Eventually the servers (they had 6) merged into 3 (I think because alot of other players thought the same).

At this point it became a bit more laggy (yet still good enough to play) but we had alot more people thus bigger battles.

After a new patch got released with new vehicle types (mech kind of things) it got more boring. You actually had to grind the number of bases capped in the core (Core Combat expansion zone) to be able to even use one of these "mech's".

The specialization choices were pretty messed up.
You had to use a certain amount of 'points' to be able to wear a certain type of armor or pilot/drive a certain type of vehicle. You also had to use these 'points' to get better weapons etcetera.
If you wanted to pick something else and you had no points left, you sometimes had to unlearn multiple things. Every thing you wanted to unlearn had a 24 hour cooldown (which means that you could only unlearn one thing once every 24 hours).

A few months after I quit my younger brother (who read the planetside forums) said that the game got crowded with cheaters, exploiters etcetera.
For example: A vanguard (tank vehicle) was flying, or people teleported across the zone.

My opinion: It was fun, for a while. But eventually you'll go do something else because it's just not worth it anymore.
The time it takes to get a zone could easily be used to do something good in a different game or in real life.

Lodisen
11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Planetside get's kind of boring after a while. They should release a MAJOR expansion.

Quazimodo
11-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Most games get boring after a while, exactly what is it that bores you?

Amoras
11-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Planetside was sooo boring