PDA

View Full Version : Abusing the right to comment

Uzbeki
01-04-2007, 02:30 PM
With the recently increased abusive use of authors comment fields, users not bothering the slightest to leave something constructive when down-rating our authors movies, we have decided to take further actions than just removing reported comments. <br /> <br /> From now on any new member here on our page with &quot;Fame&quot; below 2 can not post or rate movies. Raise your Fame initially by watching movies from our page, this will also give you more experience with game-movies and a keen eye for future constructive remarks.<br><br><b>Read the full version of this news item on <a href="http://www.warcraftmovies.com/main.php#298">WarcraftMovies.com</a></b>

kiahann
01-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Great addition..it will help alot

NiGHTsC
01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
NICE JOB!
No more clown vote!

henriksj
01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
nice one =)

Telemora
01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Agreed. good idea!

Ragnorok161
01-05-2007, 12:02 AM
This makes me happy in the pants.

oxhorn
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Good decision!

Terwilliger
01-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Raise it to 5 imho

Lolboll
01-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Raise it to 10 or something imo. Too many stupid kids complaining about skill in everything they watch. Either add an optional "skill bar" to rate 1-5 on (who the auther chose to be available or not) or instantly remove any comment who complains about skill when e.g. someone is showing a mage can crit for 6k.

Uzbeki
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
We may raise it in the future. We are keeping a close eye on the stats and will act accordingly.

Foredoomed
01-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Great addition indeed. *thumbs up*

Dopefish
01-05-2007, 01:47 PM
This is very welcomed.

Rothicol
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you :) Tired of these comments "." rating: 1.0 Well done

Btcc22
01-05-2007, 09:27 PM
nice one =)

I found that ironic.

But anyway, very nice! :D

Skyflier89
01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks! =D

Silica
01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Thank you for doing this, it will also help weed out the ones who dont bother to read the author's area of explanation...no more reading stupid crap!!! yeah!!:P :P :P :P :P

snicky666
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
i can't even reply back to people in my movie :S... oh well i better start downloading :)
... btw how much would i need to get 2 fame? i'm at 1 atm

lockvestmons
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM
I've seen 27 movies so far now and I'm still only fame 1.
This is a little bit rediculous :P Please tell us what it takes to get
to fame 2, if it's like 50+ movies viewed or something like that maybe
fame 1 would be appropriate instead of 2.

lockvestmons
01-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm a reasonable person and I understand there are some people abusing
rates. But I'd love to be able to rate my IRL friends movie before I get
to level 70 in TBC... Perhaps change the amount of rates needed to 2 instead
of 3 so people can get some PR.

Sylvictus
01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Good idea, to further raise it would probably be a good idea, but lets test this and see how it works out. Can also think of some other ways to help keep the stupid and/or offensive remarks gone. A warning system. A person gets 2-3 'chances', after the warnings (should depend on what they wrote and be judged after that) they'll be banned.

01-27-2007, 01:00 AM
The same should go for positive ratings. I see lots of people leave comments like "good" and nothing else, and giving the movie a 5.0 rating. That's just as lame as downraters.

Valamir
01-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I agree, but if someone rates a movie with a 5 that means there is nothing wrong with the movie in their opinion. As a fellow author I want to know exactly why they rated the way they did. I want to know what made them think it was good so that I could do it over and over again.

Z.x
01-27-2007, 07:38 AM
heh, some of the comments are so ridiculous I wonder if the person commenting even plays WoW.

Many of the idiotic comments seem to come from people who don't read the descriptions of videos... I've noticed this going on for a long time now... they expect to see something else (or have some kind of 'set in stone' opinion of how a video must be, and if it's not that way, it automatically 'sucks') and often downrate good videos that the authors put a lot of work into. It's like going to a movie theater with the intent to see a comedy movie, and buying a ticket for something like "Night of the Living Dead" or "Hannibal", then coming out the theatre crying and whining that it sucks because it was not funny at all.

Just.... I don't know what to think about those people anymore. Most of the negativity seems directed towards PvP Videos, and it's always either about cooldowns, gear, opponent skill, or all of those. I guess they somehow expect to see long epic fights where no one makes any mistakes, like in set-up live action movies or something. And I guess everyone has to have equal gear and never use any cooldowns either. Some people are really lost on the definition of 'entertainment'.

A feature that in my opinion would help alot is to allow authors to remove comments on their posted videos, without allowing them to warn/ban. This should make it alot less work for mods/admins/whoever deals with comments, since I assume every day they have to go through long pages of reports, judging by how many comments get posted daily. It would also help to remove the bad comments much faster, and make the overall atmosphere of this website better. That's what I think, at least.