PDA

View Full Version : Information about The Matrix Online

Gedan
10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
It is set in the fictional universe of The Matrix and continues the story told in the Matrix series.

Developer: Monolith Productions
Platform: PC

Offical Website: http://thematrixonline.station.sony.com/

Silveraxe
10-30-2006, 04:01 PM
The movies are very nice but the game......

The Bum
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I havent heard any good things about the game.. only things i have heard about it is bad stuff

kiahann
10-30-2006, 06:23 PM
same i heard all bad things as well

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
me too

Ricje
11-02-2006, 09:55 AM
In closed beta MxO was a bit weird to play. You could walk somewhere and all of a sudden ended somewhere else (servers were not very stable yet and they often stayed down during uptime to fix issues, but hey every beta got that). When it was fluent, it was kind of confusing because you did not exactly know what to do at start. You would usually run around, trying things out etcetera.

Several months ago I obtained a 14 day trial key. I was told to fill in my creditcard information in order to use that key. Not only did I lose the 14 days. They also robbed me from money and gave me a 1 month subscription :( .

I played for a few days, and the fights were quite strange. Apparently you had to click on a certain hotkey to get a defensive action enabled.. This took some time. When attacking it took a few seconds also and it did not always go as you wanted it to go (for example: when I wanted to bash someone to the ground, he just got a punch in the face).

Different playstyles (and "powers") were obtainable by different things. There things could be purchased from a "vendor" (NPC where you can buy items from for those unfamiliar with the word).

Unfortunatly, due to the amount of points you could spend per obtained level (and the amount of effort you had to put in to level after hitting a certain level) I did not find it that much amusing.

Missions were almost always the same and you had to walk 3 to 7 minutes to get to the building in which the mission took place with little reward.

doing missions was slightly more effective to level up then the average grinding because you were getting quite a high amount per completed mission.

Sometimes the missions got bugged, which meant you had to cancel it, get a new one and move all the way to that one again.

My opinion about this game: 2-3 days, and never again. Their "trial" service is a ripoff and the gameplay is basicly 'missions missions get bored to death of missions'.

But hey, everyone got different opinions, and this was mine ;)

Quazimodo
11-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Nice post

+rep!

Lodisen
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Nice post

+rep!Crap post to increase post count FTL.

I've played Matrix, and it just sucks imo. They should fix all the glitches, and make it more exciting to play. It's just to predictible.

Quazimodo
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Amputate!

Hey, at least I beat the size of that post :P

serena110
10-25-2007, 04:08 AM
I don't like this game so much, it is not as good as the film.