PDA

View Full Version : Guess whats NEVER coming out?

Everwinter
01-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Super Snacks and Return.

GG.

These videos were the only reasons i came to this site to check for updates. Because both are nearly 6-7 months LATE, i dont think they are ever coming out. All because they are both, quote on quote, "busy with work at blizzard." So this means that the fans are completley negated?

I just landed my first Job as a lawyer last month. I am only 22 years old and i just finished and got my degree. I work extremley long days, i juggle with my wife, and my soon-to-be kids. I come home, shower, eat dinner, and traverse with my wife. It may seem like i have no time to do anything; yet i still have had time to obtain 3 level 60's decked in epics, i have had the time to have made a couple of my own machinimas, and i also have other fun on the weekends.

It would seem that someone as busy as me would not have time to do anything fun and personal, but rather all work related. Yet i still have 3-4 hours a night to tool around and do things that i love to do.

As far as my knowledge has taken me to believe, Tristan and Terran, in the last 8 months have only done two machinima projects for blizzard. One being south park, and the other being the EPL trailer. This seems like that have more than enough time to finish something for their fans. But then again, it seems like they do not care at all. If someone returned a paper in, or a report, more than 3 days late, they would be fired...these two videos are 7 months late.

They are NEVER coming out, and i dont think i will be returning to this site anymore after the month is up (just to see if it might actually be released).

Rothicol
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM
That's very nice of you to express your feelings.

-Rothicol

Valamir
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Gobbler & Tivas are hard workers. They have been working on their latest episode for more than 4 months, all of their work is genuine and high-quality and since there are only two people working on this project it takes time to make something quality. They have quit their jobs to pursue their love of making these and they depend on other sources of income. They have devoted 100% of themselves to provide something for free. Saying things like what you have said is not very nice.

The crew of Return has had a very difficult time. The producer scored a career with Blizzard, Tristan along side with him. The crew from Return mostly has be spread out and not abandoned, but rather pursuing careers and education. Being in separate geographical locations does prohibit you from actually completing something in timely manner. Return 2 is not yet lost, they can only piece together things a little bit at a time thus making it very hard to get done.

Tristan's work, I have nothing to say about because I have not kept in contact with him. All I know is he is very hard at work with Blizzard and I can firmly state that Tristan and the producer from Return worked hard on The Burning Crusade cinematic trailer. Don't complain about something that is still being worked on, it was never given up. They just simply have more important things than pleasing their fans with videos. They have a life to live, a career to worry about just like you, as a lawyer. For all we know they may have signed an agreement against such videos.

As for a movie from Tivas & Gobbler, you will see it, but not yet. It is in the making and almost done.

bcope16
01-08-2007, 02:48 PM
From working on wow machinima lately, and being late with an estimated release, let me see if I can shed some light on things.

The first thing is we love making these, and we want to get them out as fast as we can. But, we also want it to be quality work. Sure I could slap something together in a weekend and put it online, but it would look like crap compared to if I spent the time on it.

But we set a deadline, and between the time we set it, and the time it will be out, many things happen. Real Life definitely gets in the way, and there's really no way to plan for it.

Technology gets in the way as well. The 2.01 patch broke a big tool for machinima makers, and if you didn't know how to bypass it, you were out of luck for almost a month. There's tons of other software to take into account to, and all their little idiosyncrasies. Rendering, Modeling, Compositing, they all take time to do well.

And don't forget Voice Overs. If you want a quality movie, the voice overs are a tough thing. Finding the right people to do them, and then finding the time for them to do them. Since most people aren't paying the actors, that's not as easy as it sounds.

It's just a slow process. Especially when you're getting this content for free. If all of us were making these movies for our jobs and had a huge team of people working on them, then they'd surely come out much faster.

I just ask for folks to be patient, and while you're waiting, go check out the 100s of other great movies on the site. And thanks for watching ;)

Punchline
01-08-2007, 03:19 PM
>.>

No, it's not a constructive post.
Yes, that's the face I made.

Martinfalch
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Patience, tons of other good movies out there to check out in the meanwhile! :)

//Maquan

Dopefish
01-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Just by a coincidence, I would like to recommend you to watch this one:
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=22608

Then you'll yet have another movie to wait for ;)